leak problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leak problem

will roofing tar work for sealing the leaks in my boat?

I think you'll have better luck with gum!

Aluminum... I'd weld it or put JB weld on any slow leaks...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

x2 on what Coe said.

It'd be really neat when sitting in 102 degrees in direct sun-tar would be everywhere!!!
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

haha thanks

Comment

but it leaks in diff spots in the boat an yes its aluminum an i dont know exactly where so what do yal think i should do

Comment

put the plug in... fill it with water about 1" get up under it and see where its leaking...I'm assuming its riveted... circle leaks and let it drain out... sand the areas to bare aluminum and clean with acetone to score it... apply jb weld to rivets and plug leak. paint over bare aluminum with spray paint...problem is jb weld doesn't flex aluminum does... ideally you'd replace the rivets.

Comment

If you want it done correctly, contact TXSHOCKWAVE here on the board. He will fix it RIGHT.
              From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

so i should replace the rivets

Comment

It all depends... if you can replace them then do that... if you don't want to and want to go with cheap fix then do the JB Weld... Found at any academy or Home Depot... How bad are the leaks? I'm assuming you have a bilge pump incase more water than you want gets in.

Comment

You can sometimes tap/hammer down the leaky rivets as a temp fix also-just tightens em up unless they are ovaled or rivets are busted. Ya need a second person to help tap em tight.

Coe gave some excellent advice - good temp fix and pretty easy to do and ya need a bilge pump for sure, especially with leaks.
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

i'd try hammering rivets back into place with a friend helping like Robalo said... I'd use JB weld as last resort... I prefer to fix any leaks with new rivets, rehammer old ones or weld them up as last resort... Be careful using JB weld its a good CHEAP fix but can lead to problems down the road.

Comment

no i dont have a bilge pump yet i wanna fix it before i take it out on a real fishing trip i put it in a lake but thats about it but when i get everything the way i want it i will get a bilge pump

Comment

ok thanks i forgot to induce my self to u my name is daniel boone i live in orange tx an i love to fish its my life

Comment

Hey Daniel-welcome. Where's yur coonskin hat?? Just kidding ya some. He was a hero and king of the wild frontier.

Comment

yes he was he was a frontiers man that discovered new land hahaha oh an my coon skin hat is hanging on my hat rack haha

Comment

Working...
                              X