S. Shore Cove Today 12/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S. Shore Cove Today 12/14

I went out at 10:30 and waded my favorite gut in a S. shore cove. The tide was bailing out and the wind was maybe 15 from the South. The water was winter West Bay clear, but I saw mullet flipping while I was staking out.
    I was throwing a black/pearl Corky Devil with a single hook. After about the first hour I was starting to wonder if any trout were there.
    A few casts later and she comes up shaking hard, and then hitting the over drive. A very nice 6# fish. I made some more casts and switched to a blk/chrm/wht Skitterwalk and it was nailed by a 4 1/2# trout.
    So I'm thinking this is gonna be an epic pre-front bite, but that was it. Both fish were caught a few minutes past noon and both were released.
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good work man, Im headed out tom, dont know where yet but I'm after some fat girls.

MM
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Originally posted by majek_maniac View Post
      PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good work man, Im headed out tom, dont know where yet but I'm after some fat girls.

MM
      What, you don't know what a fat trout looks like?

Pictures are kinda hard when you're wading......

I put a young man on one over 7#s yesterday afternoon in E. Matagorda fishing a drain gut, maybe 3 feet deep, with an incoming tide. Blk/chrt Devil with single hook.
      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Which hook do you leave on them?
        I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

I was in the same cove as you I think. Do you runs a flat bottom boat? I could not find any trout, picked up decent red though...Hey taking pics while wading aint that hard
          Attached Files

Comment

Good job Kenny!
            Don't be a Nancy!
            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by TTU Wader View Post
              I was in the same cove as you I think. Do you runs a flat bottom boat? I could not find any trout, picked up decent red though...Hey taking pics while wading aint that hard
              I run a Flatscat. Were you the guy wading Jumbile? I was further West.
              What kind of camera do you use, or is it your phone?
              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Nice catching.Congrats
                NK
                Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Yup that was me. It's a waterproof digital camera. It takes decent pictures and it was around 100 bucks.

Comment

Nice fish as usual Kenny!
                    sigpic
                    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Great reports... should be down there hopefully this weekend slaying some ducks and running the boat around... Keep your fingers crossed that these cajuns included all the proper paperwork I'm tired of waiting!!!
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Great catching and good report. Kenny-so that's you I see with the Flatscat in Jam Beach-nice rig. A guy I know in Rockport has an aluminum early version Flatscat-that thing runs in about 4-6" of water right over reefs-scared me but he just laughed.
                        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                          Great catching and good report. Kenny-so that's you I see with the Flatscat in Jam Beach-nice rig. A guy I know in Rockport has an aluminum early version Flatscat-that thing runs in about 4-6" of water right over reefs-scared me but he just laughed.
                          There are a couple of flatscats here. mine is the 17', the other is a 21'. It's a nice rig!

When I say a single hook, I'm talking about a single small live bait hook #2-#3 on a Corky Devil or two single hooks on other Corkys/slow sinking lures.
                          I face the hook backwards so I can fish it slowly in grass or shell without as many hang -ups.
                          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                            When I say a single hook, I'm talking about a single small live bait hook #2-#3 on a Corky Devil or two single hooks on other Corkys/slow sinking lures.
                            I face the hook backwards so I can fish it slowly in grass or shell without as many hang -ups.

That seems like a good idea facing the other hook backwards. I got a couple devils rigged with those live bait hooks just haven't triend them yet. So have you noticed your hookups going down with the hook pointed in?

Comment

No, I haven't missed many, and once they're hooked they aren't shaking off that hook.
                              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Working...
                              X