Bunk Board Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bunk Board Repair

I have the same problem that many of you might have. My bunk carpets are rotting and now I have bare wood in spots contacting the hull of my boat. I found this product on-line and was wondering if any of you are using it,

It's called "Bunkaps" and looks like the definite answer to my problem, and the price seems very reasonable....

Please chime in with your opinions or suggestions...

Thanks in advance....
    "Buy a Fish, Feed Yourself... Buy a Fishing License, Feed a Whole Community..."
    "The Fish You Catch, Tastes Better, than the One You Bought..."

They look nice and look like they'd work very well.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Never saw them, but they appear to be a good remedy.
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

looks pretty cool... i may need them soon too..

Comment

X2

Comment

Any product like this you need to wipe down before loading your boat. There will be sand and salt crystal on it and will scratch your boat. Just wipe down with clean rag. If replacing carpet make sure to use stainless staples on carpet. You can spray with silicone and let it dry for 30 - 45 minutes before loading boat and it will slide on and off easily. One john boats I have used pvc raingutter cut in half over 2x and it work great.
            Let me know how it works.
            Good luck
            Capt. Mike O'Dell

Comment

Originally posted by captmike View Post
              Any product like this you need to wipe down before loading your boat. There will be sand and salt crystal on it and will scratch your boat. Just wipe down with clean rag. If replacing carpet make sure to use stainless staples on carpet. You can spray with silicone and let it dry for 30 - 45 minutes before loading boat and it will slide on and off easily. One john boats I have used pvc raingutter cut in half over 2x and it work great.
              Let me know how it works.
              Good luck
              Capt. Mike O'Dell
              Thanks Capt.

I am still trying to justify the cost over carpet. I wish the trailer manufacturers would bite and use these. Because of the size of my boat and hull style (Carolina Skiff 258 DLV) it will cost about $600 to replace all contact areas. Not that the boat is not worth it, because it is, but just me getting all the funds together.

Thanks again...
              "Buy a Fish, Feed Yourself... Buy a Fishing License, Feed a Whole Community..."
              "The Fish You Catch, Tastes Better, than the One You Bought..."

Comment

You can probably use the flat strips for less on your boards. I bought a 4 x 8 sheet from supplier in San Antonio 2 years ago for $200 or less. If using anything make sure to counter sink screws so they don't hit. If screwing on side of bunks us cone washers under screws to keep from ripping out.
                Good luck,
                Capt. Mike

Comment

One thing to ask yourself, if load on steep ramp don't unlatch boat before entering water. If loading by your self on steep ramp it is sometimes next to impossible to keep boat up on front of trailer with slick boards or slick carpet.
                  That's why I keep replacing carpet, since I load and unload 150 -200 times a year by myself.
                  Capt. Mike

Comment

One thing to ask yourself, if load on steep ramp don't unlatch boat before entering water. If loading by your self on steep ramp it is sometimes next to impossible to keep boat up on front of trailer with slick boards or slick carpet.
                    That's why I keep replacing carpet, since I load and unload 150 -200 times a year by myself.
                    Capt. Mike

Comment

Working...
                    X