Jacked Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacked Up!

Our plan to go to East was derailed by the howling NE winds so we hit a protected area in Lower Galv Bay.
    While pulling in we saw waves breaking over what appeared to be a reef and we all said.......Where did that reef come from, it's not on the gps and I've never seen one there. We slowed down and pulled in closer and saw that it was a big school of Jacks blasting mullet, so we decided to have some fun. I chunked out a super spook and Capt Glenn threw over me, so I started reeling in fast and a big jack crushed it right beside the boat. The fight was on for about 30 minutes and she bent 5 of the hooks completely out and broke one off. Managed to land her and get her back in and we decided that was enough of that.
    The water looked awesome and there was tons of bait, so we thought that we were going to have a stellar day. The fish decided they weren't hungry, but we plugged away until dark and only caught 3 trout. We did have quite a few blow ups that didn't stick.
    It was a beautiful day to be out and had a great time.

The super spook after the jack
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Fun afternoon with hammertime and the greek!
    tons and tons of bait but the bite was not there
    watchin those Jacks rip through pods of bait 10 -20 feet ft in front
    of your wade is a trip! absolutely beautiful evening
    Attached Files
    Last edited by txwhaler 22; April 28, 2010, 12:03 AM.
    Captain Glenn Stevens
    Coastal Guide Service
    www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Sounds like a nice day.congrats on the catch
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Sounds like alot of fun!

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

No that's a trophy Jack Chip! Good job guys. Chip what reel did you catch the Jack on?

Comment

Originally posted by MELL WADER View Post
              No that's a trophy Jack Chip! Good job guys. Chip what reel did you catch the Jack on?
              The Okuma Serrano and the Woodee rod. That combo is a lightweight BEAST!
              sigpic
              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

That is one heck of a Jack, but my question is what did you put on the tail end of your SS JR?
                LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Sounds like fun...like you if I see jacks I have to throw at 'em...I think it is a ball and worth the lost tackle!
                  sigpic

Comment

Those jacks tear everything apart...I don't want anything to do with them...now those nice trout are a different matter. Nice going.
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Jacks are always fun unless they tear up your stuff. Then you'll be saying, "What the H*(&*^ did I do that for? " Congrats on the catches, Jacks & all.

Comment

Rattle

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
                        That is one heck of a Jack, but my question is what did you put on the tail end of your SS JR?
                        That is a high pitch rattle that I got at the fishing show and thought I would try out with the high wind yesterday. The hook seems to be pretty cheap after seeing what that jack did to it, but I will keep trying it. It should be killer in the surf!
                        sigpic

Comment

Nice going Chip and Glenn.
                          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

nice jetty tuna! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
                              That is a high pitch rattle that I got at the fishing show and thought I would try out with the high wind yesterday. The hook seems to be pretty cheap after seeing what that jack did to it, but I will keep trying it. It should be killer in the surf!

that's a croaker soaker rattle.

Comment

Working...
                              X