• Seabrook 12/16/08

Wind N 5-10
    Water Clear to 4'
    Overcast
    Water Level - 1' Low
    Tide - Slow incoming
    Temp - Ball Freezing Cold!
    Water Temp - Cold

A buddy talked me into going today since he was off and I had nothing going.
    As I was pulling out of the house, he calls and says "I can't go...my daughter has a fever".
    I start to unload and go back to bed, but decide that I might as well go since I have everything ready.
    I launched about 7:15 and started in the channel dredging for reds with gulp shrimp. As I got to the last bend I heard some birds, but couldn't see them through the haze. I kept putting along until I saw a bird dive on the other side of a boat, right at the mouth to Clear Lake. I sped up a little and got on the north side of the birds (about 50 of them). First cast wham....Trout on. I got him about 10' from the boat and he shook it loose. My corky dropped about 1' and wham....Trout on again. I got him halfway in and he shook it off. Next cast a fish hit it 4 times, but never hooked up. I thought I was going to limit out sitting there, but after that cast the world stopped spinning and they all stopped eating.
    I tried a few other spots, but the tide had died and couldn't find another taker, so I headed in at 9:30.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Exciting morning.Nice report
    NK
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

I forgot to note that I did catch one keeper at 17".
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Did you even venture over to the North shoreline and try those pilings....or was it too rough? At least you got a few pulls out of it.
        I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

N Shoreline

Originally posted by 007 View Post
          Did you even venture over to the North shoreline and try those pilings....or was it too rough? At least you got a few pulls out of it.
          I didn't make it over there. I was headed that way when I ran into the birds, and I didn't have too much time to play around, so I just worked over the area where the birds were and then headed in.
          There was just enough chop to get a good drift going if I would have made it over there.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the report. The last couple of times I've been out it's been pretty dead in the morning

Comment

Working...
            X