Wbay 4.29.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wbay 4.29.10

Walked in around 4pm to murky green water and a south wind blasting around 15-20. There was plenty of bait, pelicans diving, but not a lot of fish.

Caught 2 reds right at 20, released. I'm almost positive I caught the same red last week, he had 3 spots on one side and one on the other...same cove anyway.

Worked the marsh and out in front of the coves, didn't see a sign of trout anywhere.

As I walked out around 8 pm, I pick up the 17 inch flattie about 20 yards from the truck, to salvage dinner on an otherwise uneventful wade. It was literally my last cast until I caught the flounder, made another dozen but he must have been a loner!

Caught the reds on black magic bull minnows and the flounder on morning glory/ch Texas assasin, basically the same color. Tossed about 5 other colors plus a top water and didn't get a bump on anything but the above. Spring time fishing has to be close to blowing open...or maybe it has and I just haven't found them yet...either way I can't wait to have a trout blow up a top water...OR19
    Attached Files

Thanks for the report.congrats on the flounder
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice flattie.

Comment

also if you catch that same red next month for the blackjack tourney you will probably win it!!

Comment

thanks for the report.
          the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Nice job, I'm sure it's been tough to get them on top with the rough off colored water.

Comment

Thanks for the report, tough conditions, but not skunked !!
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Sounds pretty good for bad conditions!!! WTG!
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                X