May 1st. Wade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 1st. Wade

Slept in this morning but got out about 6:30. first stop a shell reef with slicks visible. Again nothing but Snot Rockets..... next spot was a sand bar in deep water but nothing there either.
    Third spot a point hook with a sharp drop off, big slick and beautiful water . I got in and started again with topwaters....nothing. Next I threw a Corky Devil but no takers. Finally I put on a jig with chicken on a chain paddle tail.
    A few casts and right at 9:00 (prime time) a pick up and 18" trout landed and strung. Fifteen minutes later another inhale, cranked down and gave it an Aubrey Black hook set.
    Good trout came up shaking as crabber approached. We see each other all the time, so he went wide and left two traps for later.
    Funny how they're always bigger until they come to hand! Nice 4# fish also strung. That was it.
    Attached Files
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Thanks for the report!
    Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

It was nice to catch a few trout. I bet it's been a week since I caught some fish. If the dang wind will give us a break it should be on like a chicken bone!
      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Some solid fish, thanks for the report.
        "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Nice report Kenny.....Thanks!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks for the report, I can't wait to get back down to the coast.

Comment

Good pics
              and repot Kenny
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Nice Report! Nice Pic!
                Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

very nice Kenny!!
                  Captain Glenn Stevens
                  Coastal Guide Service
                  www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Swt pic ya got there kenny

Comment

I don't keep many fish so I don't usually have a picture. A two fish report is pretty sad but it's been a tough spring so far for me..
                      Gawd I'm ready for some topwater fish!
                      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I dont see how you could even get out and fish. i have about 12 people down and tried to take them bote riding; its just plain sucks on the water yesterday afternoon.

im ready for hot weather, NO ******* wind and jelly fish. at least the mosquitoes are showing up.

Comment

thanks for the report
                          the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Thanks for the report. Tough , windy day.
                            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                            X