Sunday afternoon recon and report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday afternoon recon and report

After hearing the the rice farmers up the bayou released a bunch of water to flow down stream, I was preparing for the worst.

Well the bayou was in fair condition, with tons of bait sighted, but after 2 hrs invested we moved out to the bay.

We get to our open water spot near some spoil islands to set up the drift with a north wind and it switches back out of the south. So I do a big swing around the other side of the spoil and pop a 18" spec on the 3rd cast, using a outcast cork and a 4" gulp.

Hit a ton of other spots but the tide was changing and it seemd to be slack on some spots and going the oppostie direction as the wind in other places.

Waited till the wind picked up to 15mph and went to a shorline that always holds reds. Throwing a secret diver bait that Texan1 turned me on to a red decideds to hit it 5' from the boat. Fun fight as it had no idea it was hooked for the 1st 30 seconds. Landed it and she measured near 27", and knowing some redfish series guys wish they had it for thier weigh-in.

The Brazoria county Air Force (misqitos) recently made a hatch and those suckers chased me off the water.

Water was 2' higher than normal and the reds were in the grass..... trout were scattered as they look for their next spawning places.
    FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Live mullet the ticket in the bayou.
    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Those damn vampire mosquitos ............
      "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

Working...
      X