Clear Lake/Kemah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear Lake/Kemah

Finally got my kayak this past weekend, its an ocean kayak classic angler edition. I put it in at clear lake on Sunday and had a few bites under the bridge and one by the endeavor but never got on any fish realy and none of the bites took so I was wondering how often if ever does anybody go kayaking around clear lake or kemah and how well you do? I know the flats by todville do pretty well when the right wind is blowing and the tide is cooperating but just wanted some feedback from some experienced people who have been or go out there often.
    Thanks

How about around nassau bay, anybody had luck over there? My buddy pulled out a 30inch red around the marsh over there.

Comment

We catch fish all over the lake, the channel and in Nassau Bay at times, but it is spotty.The flats is better if you can fish it.
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Cool thnks for your input, im hoping the weather is nice this weekend and im gonna try an get out on the flats and catch some reds and trout. Have you ever gone up into mud lake, or is it not very good in their?

Comment

lol we passed you on the way out to the flats. I saw you under the bridge. look at the picture on the cover you might recognize my little one. There are a ton of places around there to catch fish. I am devoting 90% of my fishing to that area to figure it out.

Comment

haha cool man, yeah my kayaks an oranage ish redish color but I didnt hit the flats i was only around the nasa 1 bridge and by the endeavor tower but if you launched at nasa you probaly passed me.
            Nice job on the reds btw, hope I get into some soon, havent caught a red in probaly 5 months. mostly becuase I freshwater fish and dont a lot of salt spots but im getting there and im learning.

Comment

careful fishing that area in the yak, some guy fell out of his yak and drowned there last year.. took them a few days to even find him
              Boats and hoes.

Comment

Just don't wear waders when you are in the yak.

Comment

I will be careful, and I wont be wearing waders either and in any case im a very strong swimmer.

Comment

I haven't tried it, but I would sure hate to try to swim with a pair of waders on...strong swimmer or not. Same goes for SLP currents, so I've heard.

Comment

Yeah the only time I plan on wearing waders im my yak is when im not crossing deep water and fishing the flats. Anybody ever go up into mud lake and try? how about moses that any good?

Comment

Dang, always wear an auto inflatable PFD when in a yak, I don't care how strong a swimmer you are. Clear Lake is best in winter. Never did much good in Mud Lake, although I fished on the west bank with some success rarely. Never fished Clear Lake except in winter due to heavy boat traffic and more furtile grounds else where. Better off fishing Seabrook and Kemah flats I think.
                        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I always wear a life vest when im in my kayak, the two times I have been in the water with it but I will always have one on when fishing from it. I carry an air horn and a whistle too just in case . Thanks for the information on clear lake and kemah, thats whats closest to me so I think I will try an get out there as often as possible. My yak is orangish and ill have a red and black life vest on so holla if you see me!

Comment

yeah devin i would fish the flats around this weekend im gonna be out there the rain should flush out some bait from the bayous and cool the water down if we're lucky enough to get any..either way im gonna shark fish at worse case scenario. Got a new 6 foot cast net and some new batteries for my live well, fresh line weights steel leaders and circle hooks all ready to catch 3 foot bull sharks on a trout rod if the weather doesnt break for lures.

Comment

Yeah if the weather cooperates this weekend I plan on hitting the flats for sure, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X