Christmas Bay 5/3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Bay 5/3

Was hoping to hit the surf in Surfside this morning, but it did not settle down like I hoped it would, instead, the surf was a big mess!! So my buddy and I decided to wade Christmas. Water was in good shape for about an hour after daylight, then it began to muddy up once the winds picked up.

We tried tops first with not even a sniff, and then we tried various soft plastics with the same results....not one bite.

Sure thought the winds were going to stay light longer than they did.

thanks 4 the report
    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Thanks 4 the report!

I was hoping to get my lines wet at dusk today after hearing the 5-10 SE winds last night; but after watching the Surf Cams and reports coming in this afternoon... I'll just save my gas money...
      "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

That's what always happens to me when i fish Xmas...NO BITES!!
        "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Been there done that!! I know the feeling =) but at least ya got to get out. thanks for the report.

Comment

Ive done really well in Christmas this time of the year in the past. Thanks for the report, though, gotta work hard in those conditions. But, you know the saying, "A bad day fishing beats a good day at work".
            "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

thanks for the report.better catching next time
              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Working...
              X