Highland Bayou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highland Bayou

Launched at Louis' Bait Camp yesterday at 6am with my brother and good friend knowing the "cirmumstances". Needless to say it was a real bugger in the wind and nasty water. I knew better but needed a fix............ My brother who just got in to salt water fishing caught a nice 22" red on a white shrimp tail right of the bat at 7am. I felt somewhat gratified of his recent 2K investment in an electric kayak, poles and reels........... He was elated over the trip and that was worth it for me. We picked up at 9am and went to the South Shoreline at Galveston State Park but did not put in do to the water being so off..........
    I feel like a puts not posting a good report since I have been on this board but I swear I can catch fish, with the good Lord's help..................
    Fishwhisperer

it was super tough out there today your not the only one who did not so good

Comment

Thanks for the report !! Super bad conditions !!
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Not sure how I missed this! Glad your brother got his rod bent! Don't feel bad about being off your game a bit -- at least you got game!! Every report is valuable and appreciated whether it's fishy or not!! Hopefully you've improved on the situation since you posted this! I'm sure you'll be right in the middle of em next time you're out!!
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
          Every report is valuable and appreciated whether it's fishy or not!! Hopefully you've improved on the situation since you posted this! I'm sure you'll be right in the middle of em next time you're out!!
          X2,

Jones is like my Big Sister.. Known her forever!
          Been going there since I was a kid ( that's a long time, trust me ). Don't give up on her, she produces some nice fish in the stranges places.. The Grass lines on the left about 100 yrds down and further, hold all of the Big 3 we all look for!

Keep them reports coming!
          wd

Comment

Working...
          X