468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need help adjusting 1996 48 spl low idle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help adjusting 1996 48 spl low idle.

I have ask this question on other boating forums no luck yet. So, I decided to ask the local guys (which are you). IF you can help with the issue. Well the problem is that when I am trolling or just idling my outboard would turn off, not so much trolling though. My tach doesn't work so I can't really tell what rpm I am sitting at. I ask the local boat place, near my work (Helton Boat) and Terry told me it might just be the rpm need to be set at @ 1000 rpm. So if any diagram or instruction it will be much apperciated.

Sounds like you just need to turn the idle screw a 1/4 - 1/2 turn clockwise... Not sure where that is on that engine. Do you have a model number?
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Adjust idle screw, it should be located close to the carburator/s
      Chris

Comment

Yes I do e48esledc. 1996 48 spl. thanks for your fast reply.

Comment

its on a bar lever looking thing with a wheel nut adjustment with a keeper nut.. i got an 89
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

That was to technical for me dbarham.

Comment

hahaha. sorry but some more clarification would be better. thanks for the reply.

Comment

gregr1971 could fix that for you in a few minutes and probably charge you just a few bucks. Send him a PM. He's in Liverpool.
                From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Working...
                X