east bay 5/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• east bay 5/14

hell on reels and i joined up w/ a guy from work and headed to east bay for a nice change of scenery. we had a bumpy but no so bad ride and arrived at our first spot around 630. there were mullet everywhere and slicks popping up close to the shoreline. hell on reels (hor) for short, lol, and don headed to the shore armed w/ massive shrimp under popping corks. i stayed out around waist deep and threw topwaters. couldn't get any takers for the first 45 minutes or so then tied on a bone super spook (bday gift from steve a, thanks steve) and quickly hooked up w/ an almost 23 inch 4 1/2 lb trout. 15 minutes or so later got another that went 2 1/2 lbs on the boga. had a good blow up and it missed, left it there and she came back and got it. this is a good fish, at least 5 lbs. i play her and she runs around me a couple of times dodging stringer and net, then i finally lift her up to see how big she is. she's big, at least 5 lbs, but she's a freakin snot shark. i was so pissed.
    we hit a few more places and drifted a mid bay reef w/ nothing else. we hit one more spot on the south shoreline on the way in and fished some sandy/green water. hell on reels hooked into something good and broke off. her cork surfaced again but her attempt to catch it failed. about an hour later i see the cork near the shore and was able to hook it with my line. the fish was way green and spun me around twice and i was able to see a really nice slot red on the other end, but it got away and the cork never resurfaced. we added 5 more trout between 17 and 21, all on live shrimp. the ride back was pretty bad, the wind had picked up and had changed direction. 7 trout total, several snot sharks, and one almost red.
    michelle

Nice job Michelle! I know trout fishing has been tough for most. That's a good catch, especially that 23" on top.

Comment

Not bad, the fish up top make it all worth it.
      "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

WTG MICHELLE !! Some good fish on a windy day. Love East Bay...great report !!
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Very nice Michelle & HOR!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

way to go!
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

nice job Michelle and Julie!........any pic's
              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

great trip, now go to work!

Comment

Nice Job! Thanks for the report!
                  Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Good report Michelle! See ya next week

Comment

great job.
                        Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Michelle this is a good reminder I need to fish east bay more. Lot of water over that way I get lazy and dont fish much any more.
                          Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X