Anyone intrested, Offshore trip 6/9, 6/10, 6/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone intrested, Offshore trip 6/9, 6/10, 6/12

Is anyone intrested in going offshore on any of the dates listed?

June:
    Wednesday 9th
    Thursday 10th
    Saturday 12th

The boat is a 28 foot Robalo with a T-Top that belongs to a buddy of mine. We plan to go at least 2 times. Saturday the 12th and one of the other dates.

Depending on the seas we will go 60 miles if seas are 2 feet or less and 40miles if its 3-4.

The owner of the boat estimated that it there are 3 guests the costs diveded comes out to about $100ish each.

I beleive we are launching out of surf side marina.
    NoBama

We leave at 6am return at 6:30pm from Surfside.
    Last edited by PasadenaMan; May 17, 2010, 02:16 PM.
    NoBama

Comment

I have 1 confirm for Saturday June 12th. Could use 1 more for Saturday
      and on the other 2 days 2 people.

Thanks!
      NoBama

Comment

From the boat owner

the boat has twin 250 Yamahas. It is a 2008 model boat 26.5 ft. It carries 205 gallons of gas. So a 12 hour 60 mile out day is not an issue. On those days I normally burn about 100 gallons. On a 2 to 3 foot day I normally will run 40 miles. Less than 2 feet 60 miles and less than 1 foot up to 80 miles. If I can run over 40MPH I normall do 60 to 80 mile days. 25MPH days I'll normally do 40 to 50 miles.

I carry an EPIRP with a well supplied ditch bag including food and water. I carry 10 life vests, 4 of which are class I open sea vests. I carry backup GPS, VHF radio, a full set of tools, 2 1500 GPH backup drop in bilge pumps . Occasionally I will carry a third battery (boat has 2).

I've been on the water around 45 years and so far so good. Haven't had to swim home yet. Believe me I understand the question. I won't go with just anyone either
        Attached Files
        NoBama

Comment

Can't make it that weekend. Daughter's getting married on the 11th. But would LOVE to make another trip down the line. Will watch for future posts.

Comment

Nice rig.Wish i could make it,monday or tuesday works better for me with my part time hours
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Well Saturday trip is booked 6/12
              Call em nuts but The other 2 days I am also going so spots are availale still for 6/9 , 6/10

Congrats FishorGolf.
              NoBama

Comment

I have one person down for 6/9.
                NoBama

Comment

The baot owner chose to go on the 10th so I have 1 person as well as my self going, Anyone else intrested? Costs split is estimated to be at $100
                  NoBama

Comment

Go get them Looks like you did good last trip.
                    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by PasadenaMan View Post
                      Is anyone intrested in going offshore on any of the dates listed?

June:
                      Wednesday 9th
                      Thursday 10th
                      Saturday 12th

The boat is a 28 foot Robalo with a T-Top that belongs to a buddy of mine. We plan to go at least 2 times. Saturday the 12th and one of the other dates.

Depending on the seas we will go 60 miles if seas are 2 feet or less and 40miles if its 3-4.

The owner of the boat estimated that it there are 3 guests the costs diveded comes out to about $100ish each.

I beleive we are launching out of surf side marina.

I'm on long change and very interested PM on a 6/9 trip. I can show you my grouper honey hole!
                      Don't be a Nancy!
                      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                        I'm on long change and very interested PM on a 6/9 trip. I can show you my grouper honey hole!
                        The boat owner chose to go on 6/10 and the 12th only. The saturday is full but there is room for 1 on the 10th.
                        Let me know asap [lease if you want to go on teh 10th
                        NoBama

Comment

The boat owner chose to go on 6/10 and the 12th only. The saturday is full but there is room for 1 on the 10th.
                          Let me know asap [lease if you want to go on teh 10th
                          that'll work!
                          Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Boats full, thanks everyone! I will post another thread on each trip before we leave. If y our out there hail me by pasadenaman
                            NoBama

Comment

Boats full, thanks everyone! I will post another thread on each trip before we leave. If y our out there hail me by pasadenaman
                              How many from WEA are going?
                              Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Working...
                              X