Wader In The Fog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wader In The Fog

I'm posting this on every forum so MAYBE a few people will take a hint and be careful wading in the fog.

I was just coming in from fishing, and as I past Sportsman Road, there were no waders (it IS Christmas). A little further West is a long point and I was a little further out.

I saw a pelican sitting on the water in the fog. As I got closer, the pelican started waving like crazy, and I veered around a wader. It wasn't too close, but it scared me and I'm sure it scared him.

This fellow was two hundred yards NE of the point and another 50 yards out wading alone chest deep in the fog. His silhouette looked just like all the other pelicans sitting on the water!

If he's a 2cooler I apologize, but in the future, if you're going to wade deep in the fog, maybe wear some blaze orange!
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Man that is just stupid. Glad no one got hurt and I hope he learned a lesson from that

Comment

He is friggin nuts. Thanks fro the heads up. It is hard to pay enough attention to miss hazards close to you, much less see a wader 100yds away.
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

WOW! I wear a strobe when I wade at night or in fog...
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I usually try to wear bright colored shirts or something. Waders in deep water are tough to see!
          "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Dang Kenny, those guys lucked out, and as mentioned, wearing something really bright is the way to go. And that fog was thick, wasnt it.

Maybe you aught to advise people to wear bright pink. I wear that all of the time. hahahaha, dang...

never thought about a strobe, but do they come in pink?

sb:>

Comment

I wear the strobe its a clip on the back of my hat... I don't leave it on but I can easily hit the switch and it starts flashin... helps when gigging on the flats too signal where you are etc.

Comment

what a great idea. Can you get that at Academey? I've seen those hat brim lights, but never a strobe.

please advise.

sb:>

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                  I wear the strobe its a clip on the back of my hat... I don't leave it on but I can easily hit the switch and it starts flashin... helps when gigging on the flats too signal where you are etc.

This what your talking about Coe!
                  Attached Files
                  Don't be a Nancy!
                  If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

I bought mine at Academy... Its small and pins into my hat... here's a photo

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                      This what your talking about Coe!
                      No

Comment

Flash chat??
                        I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

I'm in there now.

Comment

I bought mine at Academy... Its small and pins into my hat... here's a photo

Looks like it should have a vibrator too!
                            I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

No
                              When I saw it, I immediately thought of you and 007 with matching hats, wading the flats, hand in hand, sharing a rainbow colored flounder gig.
                              Don't be a Nancy!
                              If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Working...
                              X