5/18 evening Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/18 evening Surf

Fished the surf from 4:30-6:00 used mullet because it was so rough. So I got 1 bite and 1 fish a nice 22" trout. Another guy was fishing with shrimp beside me he caught nothing. Water was nice and clear.

Thanks for the report......Did better than we did this am!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Sounds like the surf has not gotten any better! Glad you caught a nice Trout and I am sure it will fry up good. That surf fishing is going to get better soon.

Comment

Congrats on the catch
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice job

Comment

Surf is on ,Corndog and Some others did good.
            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

yea we did
              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

I fished the surf hard all afternoon and evening with nothing to show for it. It was not too rough in my opinion and I was able to get to the third bar without swimming (about a mile west of the pass). The problem was that with two tide days there is such a long slack period with no water movement. I finished the last two hours of daylight chest deep in the pass where the SLP Pier used to be. This has been a great May spot for me in the past on an outgoing tide, but at dusk yesterday still no water movement which equals no fish. I wish I could have stayed and fished first light this morning when there should have been a pretty strong incoming tide. The day was not a total bust, however as I took my British girlfriend (who had never caught a fish of any kind) back to the Coast Guard Station and was able to put her on 3 undersized specs before we hit the beach.

Comment

Working...
                X