Ugb 5/19/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugb 5/19/10

After the frustrating surf trip yesterday, I decided to hit it again this am. Forecast showed 10-13 SSE with an incoming until about 11:00, so I decided to hit a spot that there has been fish on for the last couple of weeks.
    Marco met me at the ramp at 5:30 and we headed out in Gray light. We jumped in at about 6:00 and saw quite a few slicks popping away from the shoreline. We headed that way, but the water was a little deep (armpits on me) so we turned and made our way down the shoreline throwing tops. Marco got the first blow up on a pink Skitterwalk and I was throwin' a She Dog. I changed tops frequently for the first hour and finally switched to a Chart/Black SS Jr. I smelled a slick and turned to see it 10' behind me about the size of a kitchen table. I chunked that way 3 times before she blasted it. First fish on and landed at 23", 4 1/2lbs. A few casts later I got another blow up by another good fish, but she pulled off about half way in. I kept moving down the shoreline and I noticed another slick a ways down. I casted to it and twitch, twitch, BOOM. This one was 21", 3 1/2 lbs. A few casts later I had a wave hit me in the back and the water came over my shoulders. The wind had come up to about 20 SW and the tide had come in a good 6", so we headed back to the shoreline. About 15 minutes later the water had gone from 3' visibility and green to 6" and browning up quickly. All the fish were out deeper and we couldn't get to them, so we jumped in the boat and headed to some protected water only to find no bait and no fish. We decided to call it a day and headed back in to be greeted with 3' rollers all the way back in....That was a rough ride.
    On the way back in we found several groups of birds working, but we couldn't fish them in the waves and wind.
    It was good to get out with Marco and feel a few pulls and if the weather would have what the liars had said, we could have stayed there and hammered them, but as usual, they were WAY off.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Good report Pards!

Comment

Nice chip!!
      Your persistence is paying off
      Captain Glenn Stevens
      Coastal Guide Service
      www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

nice job. Yeah I walked outside here in Pearland about 9 am and it was already blowing like a hurricane. And its always worse at the coast than it is here
        XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Nice report! Way better than being at work even if it was rough!
          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

good job Chip!
            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Nice trip,congrats
              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
                Nice report! Way better than being at work even if it was rough!
                Problem was...I got home early and still made it to work at 10:30.....
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
                  Problem was...I got home early and still made it to work at 10:30.....
                  Crap that sucks!! At least you had a good start to the day!
                  Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Atta Boy Chip!
                      "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

Way to go Hamma Time...
                        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

sweet
                          the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Go Chipper Go!

wd

Comment

Great report Chip, thanks for sharing. At least you did better then we did the day before. I even went out again that evening and lost all kinds of gear. Not fun fishing big surf!
                              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                              X