Went Exploring ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went Exploring ...

yesterday and ended up in Sabine. Left the ramp @ 0730 and immediately saw a few birds near the TX/LA bridge. A few cast later and we boated two trout on a mardigras sand eels to 18". Worked the shoreline drifting and pulled in another to 18" and one freakin gafftop. Worked our way over to the rocks and my pods threw into the rocks and hooked up on one very nice trout to what looked to be in the 25" range, but lost it at the boat. After that it sucked hind tit! We trailered over to Keiths Lake and didnt see anything wotrh speaking of, so then trailered back to the bridge ramp worked the rocks a little, then headed for the La shoreline....in which we struck out. This was more of a scouting run as I'd never been there before and I've found some excellent spots I want to come back to and wade when the wind subsides....if ever that happens!
    Anyway, fun day just not much catching!
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

at least you got out

Comment

And you can right thru Baytown and didn't even stop to say hello.
      A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

Originally posted by Williep View Post
        And you can right thru Baytown and didn't even stop to say hello.
        It wasn't my boat and I wasn't driving or you'd got a call. Now I know where to go...if I ever go back we'll make it happen!
        Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Sounds like you had a productive trip. I want to get out to Louisiana some day. Hope they get the oil cleaned up.
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Let me know next time y'all come this way and if you'd like I could meet up with you and show you a few spots? We fished all day Tuesday with only a few trout to show for our efforts. South wind had the tides messed up, but it was still better than work! This weekend hopefully the weather will cooperate and we will chase the elusive triple tail. LOL

Comment

Nice Monte, thanks for the report. I need to go back to Sabine some time!
              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Artifishual View Post
                Let me know next time y'all come this way and if you'd like I could meet up with you and show you a few spots? We fished all day Tuesday with only a few trout to show for our efforts. South wind had the tides messed up, but it was still better than work! This weekend hopefully the weather will cooperate and we will chase the elusive triple tail. LOL
                Sounds good...thanks!
                Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Working...
                X