East Bay 05.21.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Bay 05.21.10

I have been working a lot of OT; I haven't fished in over a month. This morning I was finally able to get back on the water. I decided to wade the south shoreline of East Bay to see if the trout are where we left them in April. Despite the presence of bait and slicks, I couldn't buy a blow up. Past experiences has taught me that if bait and/or slicks are present, it pays to exercise patience. Today was no different. A couple hours into my wade, I got my first blow up. The action was not fast and furious, just steady. Finished the day @ 1:00 with six trout to 22". The lure of choice was a Super Spook Jr. (nickel).

JQ
    Attached Files

Thanks for the report and good job keeping true to your plan.

Comment

Nice job.
      A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

Nice work.

A lot of people won't sit there and grind out a bite...they'd rather just run their boat all over the bay. If the fish signs are there...stay and grind it out...they'll show up for you when they start feeding.
        "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Nice pay off for the patience! Same thing with us today, not every cast, but just steady enough.
          Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

nice catch
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

ya, know "they" say that good things come to those who waait. Looks like "they" were right. Good report & catching and way to have patience.

Comment

cool!!!
                Capt Craig Lambert
                832-338-4570

Comment

Nice report & pictures... Thanks for sharing them...
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Very nice stringer Jay!!! Way to grind it out... mama always said that you were more patient than me. Anyway, speaks volumes to the confidence that you have in locating fish which is 80% of the trick to catchin'.

Keep the reports coming... reminds me of home.

By the way, sweet avatar!!!

Comment

Good job...thanks for the report !!
                      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                      X