say bye to Oswalt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• say bye to Oswalt

i dont blame him for wanting to leave, had some great years here. im sure he'll be gone in a few weeks.
    Boats and hoes.

Yep, hate to see him go, but I would do the same thing.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Take lee with him!!!!!
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
        Take lee with him!!!!!
        x2 Adios!
        Chris

Comment

Lee, Berkman, and whoever they can get some prospects for to start rebuilding the farm system.
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Think we are always rebuilding?

Comment

Oswalt

I might be wrong but I don't think Oswalt is going anywhere....if anyone leaves via trade it will be berkman but I don't really see that happening either. Gater

Comment

I think the person that is going to go is Lee... Oswalt may go as well but he does have a contract through 2011 w/ a no trade clause in it... But the stros may grant him his wish and let him go... I would hate to see him go he has had some good years with the stros... I do understand why he wants to go... It just seems to me like McLane doesn't want to do what needs to be done to get some heavy hitters in the lineup...??? He really is the one that needs to go... He needs to sell the team to Nolan Ryan to turn the team around and get them back on the right track... JMO... You cant run a ML team without a good baseball mind… And he has proven he doesn’t have one… But none the less I will still keep watchin and going to support them when I can... You just cant fix stupid...
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Roy O will go if he goes to a team that is in contention for a WS run. Other than that, he will be an Astro and never make another WS again.

Comment

YOU DO NOT GET RID OF GOOD PITCHING!it's that sorry *** line-up he has behind him.i don't blame him for wanting to leave,but who are you going to replace him with?he needs to quit whining and keep bringing the heat and let drayton maclane get rid of some of these no good position players and get some good ones in here.letting oswalt go would be a huge mistake and a stupid decision.
                    TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Hogie70 View Post
                      I think the person that is going to go is Lee... Oswalt may go as well but he does have a contract through 2011 w/ a no trade clause in it... But the stros may grant him his wish and let him go... I would hate to see him go he has had some good years with the stros... I do understand why he wants to go... It just seems to me like McLane doesn't want to do what needs to be done to get some heavy hitters in the lineup...??? He really is the one that needs to go... He needs to sell the team to Nolan Ryan to turn the team around and get them back on the right track... JMO... You cant run a ML team without a good baseball mind… And he has proven he doesn’t have one… But none the less I will still keep watchin and going to support them when I can... You just cant fix stupid...
                      i agree with all of that.nolan ryan will get the pitching in here and get rid of these over paid position players.mclane does'nt know the first thing about winning a championship.he's an idiot!where are you #34?come back to houston.we need to get these upper management clowns out of here.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Lee

Lee has two years left and a no trade clause as well...he has already said he is not going anywhere and will retire once his contract is up. He has ranching operations in the Houston area and does not want to move away from that.

You can't talk about not having no hitters, career wise Lee and Berkman with the exception of this slow start are two of the best in the NL. Right now the Astros the same record through 43 games as they did in 05' when they went to the world series. In 05' pitching and hitting was off until after the Allstar break even with Oswalt, Clemens, and Petite as your top three.

Nolan Ryan will not be buying the Astros, he is the President of the Texas Rangers so MLB would not allow that.

Gater

Comment

Originally posted by Gater View Post
                          Lee has two years left and a no trade clause as well...he has already said he is not going anywhere and will retire once his contract is up. He has ranching operations in the Houston area and does not want to move away from that.

You can't talk about not having no hitters, career wise Lee and Berkman with the exception of this slow start are two of the best in the NL. Right now the Astros the same record through 43 games as they did in 05' when they went to the world series. In 05' pitching and hitting was off until after the Allstar break even with Oswalt, Clemens, and Petite as your top three.

Nolan Ryan will not be buying the Astros, he is the President of the Texas Rangers so MLB would not allow that.

Gater
                          Ryan buying the stros is just on my wish list
                          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogie70 View Post
                            Ryan buying the stros is just on my wish list
                            that's all it is on mine.we could only wish.

Comment

I heard this morning that Ryan has been approved to buy the Rangers.

Comment

Working...
                              X