5-22-2010 east bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5-22-2010 east bay

Saturday , REELTIME AND GREENTIDE and myself launched at San Leon and fished the Pig Pens. Pretty much an incoming morning tide and and outgoing afternoon tide, not very strong, sunny, air and water in the 80's, SSE wind 14 -18 MPH, good water on the shoreline and off color up bayous in the afternoon. Lots of frantic bait and and 8 or so boaters and no one catching much. I caught a fat 25 " red in thigh deep water near the shore casting to fleeing baitfish on a bone colored 51 MR. GREENTIDE had several lost fish working the grass that he supposed were flounder and REELTIME lost a nice trout in waist deep water.
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Continued

We then fished the west side of Sevier's Cut. A little bait, but I only caught a mullet and whiting.
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Good read Henry and some kick arse pictures aswell... I'm glad to hear yawl got after em'... Once I get off work for the summer be ready to go... Thats all I have to say about that...
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Continued

We fished a cove in Elmgrove, then headed east and spotted slicks coming from near the shore as we approached Stingaree Cut. We anchored up and fished shallow and deep. Lots of bait waist deep and now and again something tearing them up. I threw topwaters, plastic, MR 51's, broken backs, spoons, corkies, and corky devils. Lots of slicks coming behind me and I waded toward them casting a 1/4 oz. johnson sprite as the bait in the area were shad and glass minnows and the spoon mimiced them nicely. I soon netted a nice , fat 18 " flounder, but couldn't catch anymore.
        Attached Files

Comment

nice report plugger!! thanks
          Captain Glenn Stevens
          Coastal Guide Service
          www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

END

We then went up Yates Bayou..didn't see bait in the cove. Fished the bayou a little while , but the water was off color with an outgoing tide. Headed back west noticing many boats over the shell reefs in the middle of the bay. That's where the trout probably were as is seems we are already in a summertime pattern. I don't like fishing from the boat much, but it's probably the best way in the middle of the day. Stopped at Mosquito Island a little while which had slicks popping out too deep to wade. We all were bone tired and headed in around 5:30 PM. The guys had not fished East Bay much, so they got a little look around at least. I think we all had some loose fillings after the jarring boat ride back across lower Galveston bay.
            Attached Files

Comment

they just didnt want to feed much on friday and saturday from the reports I recieved and I fished saturday also and it was terrible. Slicks everywhere but no takers. Tuesday thru the weekend should be much better with the wind laying down. The bite should turn on again.
              Capt Craig Lambert
              832-338-4570

Comment

It was like that for me last week as well...??? I had one more arti to try before the kitchen sink was thrown... And thats the one they wanted... I had two in my pocket... It was the rootbeer/chart DOA CAL man did they love it...
                Last edited by Hogie70; May 23, 2010, 07:19 PM.
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by capt mullet View Post
                  they just didnt want to feed much on friday and saturday from the reports I recieved and I fished saturday also and it was terrible. Slicks everywhere but no takers. Tuesday thru the weekend should be much better with the wind laying down. The bite should turn on again.
                  Well, that's some comfort thinking it wasn't just us. Restores a little self dignity...thanks for the input, Captain. I hope you are correct about next week !!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogie70 View Post
                    It was like that for me last week as well...??? I had one more arti to try before the kitchen sink was thrown... And thats the one they wanted... I had two in my pocket... It was the rootbeer/chart DOA CAL man did the love it...
                    I did throw a clear , chartruese tail DOA shrimp a while at the Pig Pens. Maybe the wrong color / shape. Or maybe the wrong guy throwing it LOL !!

Comment

Good report Henry......Thanks!
                      sigpic
                      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks for the report! Great pictures and good info on the spectrum of what ya'll throwed at 'em.
                        At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Truer words can't be written - good report on a great day of fishing but a poor day of catching. Thanks for the ride and the great time Pluggr.
                          If we don't leave any, there won't be any.

Comment

Great report & pics as usual Henry. Nothing wrong with the color or lure you were chunking. I always like the glo/chart colors. I know what the problem was - not holding your mouth right during the retrive... and one of these days, the wind she will lay...but at least yall got out & gave it a try, cause you never know unless you go.

Comment

Great report and pics
                              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Working...
                              X