Sportsmans 5/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportsmans 5/23

Launched into 20-25mph howlin winds. Tide outgoing, Picked a back shoreline and settled in. Slicks working over grass. Saw a couple of shreds and started working Chrome Spook Jr. Had a 20ish trout take a swipe 10' from the yak, gave it a twitch and had him clear the surface by a foot when he hit it. lost him after a short run. saw another shred and tossed plum/chart bull minner in it and fish-on. 5# flounder, next was the 18"red and then the second flounder @ 4.5#s. Bite went off when the tide stopped going out.
    Attached Files

Nice flatties!!

Comment

nice, could have used those this weekend!
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Very nice....Thanks!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

wow,nice ones!
          the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Good Yob...!!! That will make the grease stank...
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

very nice
              Captain Glenn Stevens
              Coastal Guide Service
              www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

i fished GISP that morning. winds werent quite that strong, didn't get a bite all day though. im jealous.

ive heard a lot of trucks get broken into on sportsmans road, that true?

Comment

awesome flounder!
                  XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

extremewaderdude88 and i have had stuff stolen from my truck there. we got back to the truck and the passenger window was down and just ryans 2 rod and reels were gone and i only had a rod in there that was gone. didnt take the loaded tackle box in the back seat though. we think we know who did it cuz they were the only guys there and i talked to them before going out. never know who you can trust

Comment

Nice flounders and the red. Much better luck for you than GISP the previous day. Thanks for the report!
                      At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Two really nice flounder...i can smell them broiling in the oven now.
                        "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

ive heard a lot of trucks get broken into on sportsmans road, that true?[/QUOTE]
                          I had a side window busted out there about 5 years ago. they ransacked the truck bad. if you go early or you stay late keep an eye out even launching or loading. I Always go prepared for anything now.

Comment

Nicecatch thanks or the report!!
                            Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Galveston PD should start placing bait cars in these areas that are CONSTANTLY burglarized. Its so easy for these a-hole freeloaders that know a fisherman will be gone a couple hours. All they have to do is wait till your in the yak, wading half a mile away, break in and take off... Chances are you won't hear them and don't even know something happened by the time you walk back to your car/truck. By the time a police report has been completed, 5-6 hours have passed.

Comment

Working...
                              X