40 hp yamaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40 hp yamaha

Push my tilt trimbutton nothing happens.Checked my switch its not that.Getting juice to my relay.Relay bad or motor.

Bump........... i was there Sunday morning .........any body got any suggestions we tryed just about everything at the boat ramp.
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Bad relay, it's almost always bad relays.
      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
        Bad relay, it's almost always bad relays.
        we both came to that conclusion but any input is good.......i know more about merc's& mariners.

Comment

Did you try switching the relays? I had a trim motor go out on my GulfCoast both relays were fine motor died... that wasn't a fun day...
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

At the ramp at 5:30 or so we didn't have much in the way of tools....we could have went out but the motor wasn't down in the water enough for us.

Comment

Hehehehe, this brings back memories of my dad's first boat that came with hydraulic tilt and trim. We got to the launch and it wouldn't move. The prop was barely in the water and wouldn't go down. I was upset because I thought our trip to the camp was over. I think Dad saw the look on my face and said scraw it. We went out anyway. Took us an hour to get to the camp. Unfortunately I do not have any useful info, just a useless but fun remembrance.
              From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

It will not go up or down? I can't remember seeing both relays going out at the same time. Or does it have just one?
                Beandaddy

Comment

This thing aint like omc.you just change relays real cheap.Its got a little unit that cost a fortune.get power to the relays.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzy View Post
                    Push my tilt trimbutton nothing happens.Checked my switch its not that.Getting juice to my relay.Relay bad or motor.
                    Invest in a voltmeter see if your getting juice past the relays. I have found cheap parts at marineparts.com on the past.
                    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

What ya think.I'm doing an engine swap on the shoalwater.Have to buy OMC tilt trim wiring harness that includes the relays for the 88 johnson.Thinking tring it on the yamaha.Just buypass the relay on the yammy.if it works i'll save abundle.

Comment

Is there maybe a fuse or fusible link?

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
                          At the ramp at 5:30 or so we didn't have much in the way of tools....we could have went out but the motor wasn't down in the water enough for us.
                          There is a large slot screw near the pump.Turn it to the left and the motor will go up or down by hand,I bypasses the pressure st the pump.You could have used it to lower the motor,and go fishing.Then when you got back,loosen it again,raise the motor,and go home.

Comment

Working...
                          X