Greens / Diversionary / South Shoreline 5/26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greens / Diversionary / South Shoreline 5/26

Went out yesterday at about 3:30.. Wind was picking up a bit so I started in Greens.. Worked the grass for a bit and picked up a stingray on a pearl sassy shad and then we got into a school of rats.. Catching 2 at a time for a while but they were all 12-14 inches. Picked up 1 trout in there also on the same tout. Ran through the cut and stopped at a huge flock of birds in the middle of the bay .. not one bite. I could see fish roll now and again under the birds but no takers. Ran over to starvation cove after that and trolled around some tubes and drifted around for a bit -- slicks were popping everywhere but again -- no luck. Made a few more stops on the way back to the house and finally the tide started out and we started picking up a few fish. Caught probably 8 reds in the canal but only one kept -- a fat 23". Red was stuffed full of bait it was snagging as if flushed out of the marsh. Caught two keeper trout as the sun was setting and then the mosquito's came out so I got the heck out of dodge.
    Attached Files
    Shut up and FISH!!

Good read and pictures... Thanks for sharing...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice report and pics, thanks for sharing.
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Thanks for the report !!
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
        X