• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Fish of 2009

Wind: SE @ 12/Overcast
    Water: 59 degrees/2ft clarity/ Incoming tide
    Fishing shell/mud

Did a late afternoon wade in Trinity yesterday. We waded a reef on a protected shoreline. The water was in good shape with about 2ft of visability. Threw Corky fatboys in pink and dayglow with no success. My buddy left to go get the boat. I continued wading and out of the corner of my eye I saw a cormarant surface with a shad in its mouth and then dive again. I quickly tied on a Brown devil eye in rootbeer with 1/4 oz head, made one cast and landed a stout 21" speck. Cast #2 yielded a healthier 21". I thought I had finally hit the motherload, but as quick as it started...it ended.

If this is the quality of trout we can expect in the next couple months, I'm stoked. I believe there will be some big 10+ pounders pulled from Galveston Bay this Winter/Spring.
    Attached Files
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Nice Trout!!! I'm looking very forward to the next 4 months on Galveston Bay, I think we are going to have some very nice catches on quality and quantity.

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

That's it I am going to go online and purchase some Corkys... Can someone provide me with a weblink?
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
        That's it I am going to go online and purchase some Corkys... Can someone provide me with a weblink?
        They live about 2 miles from me. They do their thing out of their garage. ynggun's dad can tell exactly where it is. BTW......nice job with the trout, I was on the other side of Trinity from ya.
        I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
          Just go by Pauls house...its much better that way. He might even give you a few tips, but call first.His number is 713-946-9188.I believe he's not open until after the 5th though.
          Now his grandsons, or Brown Lures, may be purchsed online ,at FTU, or Marburgers.
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

I'll contact Mike & run by there with him...I hate showing up to someones house saying Hey! You don't know me but so and so sent me....
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

www.corkybandl.com I think. Takes lots of $$$$$$ .

AQUA PIMP
              AQUA PIMP......
              "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Them are some nice fat trout!
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice fish man, that one on the bottom looks like it has a 10" mullet in its gut. I've been throwing alot more corky baits this winter and have been doing pretty well with them. My favorite is the pearl/char corky devil. Paul's house is about a mile from ftu and is easy to find.

Comment

man those things are fat. nice!
                    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Working...
                    X