5-28-2010 slp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5-28-2010 slp

Been dying to fish the surf. Friday , couldn't fish in the morning but with a full moon and late afternoon outgoing tide and hoping most surf fishermen had hit it early and where back at home having a cool one, I decided to fish SLP. Checked out the Galveston side beach...saw no bait... and went over to the car bodies. Saw gulls standing on the shore looking out to the surf... that's a good sign, like having a group of gulls sitting on the water. meaning they are staying on fish that aren't feeding right then. Saw bait flipping and that was enough for me. Got into the surf at 5 PM and fished to dark, moving along the the first and second bars. the wind picked up not soon after the picture was taken, so the surf got rougher, sandy green. Only 6 " visbility. Seaweed on the beach, but none in the water. had some short strikes on a silver spoon, AP special, and GULP glow shad , pink corky devil and new penny shrimp. Threw tops and 51 MR's, but only had some foul hooked mullet for the day. Plenty of bait in close and father out , rafts of mullet, and a whole lot of skittering , junping bait. But nada for me.
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Nice report! Sounds about like my beach day yesterday. I suspect it'll turn on really quick if this awesome weather hangs around.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Working...
    X