Saturday 05/29/10 Beach Font

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 05/29/10 Beach Font

Went to fish the flat beach with Tum Tum (screen name), Nando, Rudy, and Chris and it was as flat as we could get. Arrived with many hopes of trout. The previos day, friend had no trout, but a triple tail...and today once more "no trout". Actualy asked around and not to many people catching many trout, mostly whitening and croaker.

But we did have a tremendous experience. We followed some birds and ended up paddling longs way in. I started seeing bait busted around ( Huge Bust ), so I started throwing top, then soft, and nothing. Tum Tum was using popping Cork with gulp and bam his on. So we paddled to see his catch and we see this fish jump straight out of the water, Amazing view, and got us all hyped, as it gets closer we see a nice 3 to 4 foot shark. In the process of getting it ready for pictures, friend Rudy gets his free line mullet taken, and thinks his on....then its off, but in matter of seconds we hear rudy "His coming, his coming, Yeah! come on baby" and sure enough he hooks up back again busting his bait. The fight is on for about 15-20 minutes and we follow him, when he gets closer.....the shark shoots out like a missle, then goes down, then one more jump and the fight is over. That shark must of been 5-6 foot shark. As all thius is going on and we are surrounded by sharks busting bait...........BOY IT WAS AWESOME! hopefully I can get the quick video we recorded of Rudy, and picture of tum tum shark. Chris first time out in kayak and had whole line taken out once, and had his dragged pulled and busted line. I am sure he is ready for another trip....I think we are all ready. Had good time working as a team and staying as safe as possible....LOL...At first I was not to sure about it, but boy its worth it.

Paddling back out must of been about 40 minutes, I think we ended up going in about 2 or more miles...Long paddle.
    Attached Files

Man, that sounds so awesome! and scary too.... i have never gone in the surf in my yak, always bay side, but sure would love to go with some experienced fellow yakkers.

Comment

Sounds like lots of fun.....Good report!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Great report, surf fishing is the best with a yak!
        For some trout try the surf near 10 1/2 mile road (Bermuda Beach) my neighborhood. My uncle and I had good luck there there other day landed 10 nice sizers.

Also as a side note for you to hold on to, when the shrimpers come semi close in to shore kayak out and follow around them Because all the big guys come out to pick at the nets and the fish near the nets turtles, dolphins, sharks you name it. Once saw a tiger twice the length of my yak!

Comment

Wow....twice the size of the yak. Now that is scary.

Comment

Neat report, thanks. The boliver pocket can be good yak fishing with a westerly wind. fish out from the rocks all the way to the boat cut and look for signs.
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

took for ever

Took for ever but here is a picture of tumtum holding his sharl....still remember that day!
              Attached Files

Comment

Does he still have all his fingers ?
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Yes I still have all my fingers.

The good thing was that they took that picture quick, because right after that the shark started moving alot and I just threw him right back in the water. I thought it was going to fall right in my lap. Scary moment!!

Comment

Great report fishinred.........the surf was decent looking monday as well but i was working.
                    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

reeltime...this is actually an old report, but I never got around to putting the picture up...I got my hands on the camera so I uploaded it really late, but its an awesome picture! We also had a good video but its no more

Comment

Awsome!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X