Galveston West Beach 5-29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galveston West Beach 5-29

Hit a surf at 6:00 and fished until 8:30 got a total of 4 blow ups and got cut off by a smack. It was like Seawolf park during flounder season . Water was nice and clear tons of mullet the shrimp guys would catch some every 20mins or so. We'll be at it again tomorrow.

Hope you score it up in the morning!

Comment

Fishing hasn't been very good on the beach front this time and I don't know why exactly unless the bite is at night. Oh some folks have caught a limit here and there, and the people fishing bait have done better overall.
      One thing I noticed was the total lack of shrimp. I haven't seen one in the surf. The ones in the bay are still whiskers & eyeballs.
      Last edited by kenny; May 30, 2010, 07:24 AM.
      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I did better than the meat chunkers this am but that isn't saying much. I would have thought that the big trout would be all over the rafts of mullet that I have been wading through. When I was in the specks a few weeks ago in the surf the conditions and bait were not near as perfect as this week has been. You might be on to the full moon night bite Kenny.
        "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
        boom

Comment

I got skunked yesterday, nothing but a sandtrout. We had a high tide around 8 am and clear flat water. I just didn't see a ton of bait. There was some, but not like you normally see in the surf. It was pretty frustrating
          XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

way to go. i havent done well since friday. the standing high tide all day sux.
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

I fished the surf-see my report- from 4:30 PM to 8:30 AM last saturday/Sunday under a full moon and if they were feeding in the surf at night, they weren't where I was !!
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
              X