Drafting/Engineering Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drafting/Engineering Help Needed

I want to build a 12'X12' pergola over a side deck for some shade and aesthetic reasons. Since I want one side attached to the house, I have to pull a permit and submit a drawing to an engineering company to be okayed before I start. Anyone able to do that drawing?
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

PM sent.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Gilbert
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Send me a sketch! Tell me the material you are using! You need an FEA analysis done too?
        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

two 6X6" posts 13' apart, notched and bolted to a 2X12 joist. One 2X8 bolted on either side of the posts. 2X6X12' to 14' attached to house at eve height spanning across screwed on top of the 2X8"s. 2X2' across the opposite direction.
          I found a picture of one sort of like I want but it won't upload. I'll see if I can do a sketch and post it.
          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I draw fabrication drawings for pre-engineered buildings. I can draw on the board or on CAD, just pick your poison.

pm me if you need some help.

Comment

Photo of Pergola

This is close to what I want to build except level with no back posts, no roof just 2X2"s, and much more aesthetically pleasing design.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by kenny; June 2, 2010, 12:49 PM.
              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

First best guess. tell me what you need changed and I'll do it.
                Attached Files

Comment

I increased the size of the drawing so the text is easier to read.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Way to go Baypounder!! That is really great of you to help!! first class.
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Here are the changes you asked for Kenny, once we get everything ironed out I can print them on larger paper and meet up with you if needed.

LOL I went back and read the post where you were descibing what you wanted, I think I skipped that at first.

Thanks Robalo!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks that's perfect Pounder. I really appreciate all the work and look forward to meeting you later this month.
                        I'll hopefully have some fish corralled by then!
                        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Pounder,
                          I sent you a complicated and probably confusing PM. I need to move the shade out 36" from the existing structure and add two posts and the 2X10's so it becomes free standing.

thanks,

kenny
                          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Suitable for framing!

You told me in the PM that the overhang was parallel to the front, I don't know where the front is so I did the overhangs both ways. If you need to make some more changes just let me know, as long as they are minor it doesn't take too long.
                            Attached Files

Comment

We're done Tommy. This will work fine to pull the permit.

Thanks,

kenny
                              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Working...
                              X