5-29,30-2010 slp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5-29,30-2010 slp

I got into the water at 4:30 PM, Saturday, at the surf even with the toll booth. Flat, green water with rafts of bait greeted me as the begining outgoing tide flushed them out of San Luis Pass. I threw everything I had and only came up with 5-6 whiting. I fished until dark and after. I decided to make a night of it and kept fishing down the beach at night dogging the surf rod lines.
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

The bay seems to have been the ticket this morning!

Comment

END

I slept wet in the cab sitting up from 1:30 to 3:30 AM then fished until 8:30 AM. Still nice water and bait with the incoming tide, but didn't get a strike. The next to last picture is of 2 guys who were there the whole time set up with their surf rods and who I visited periodically while roaming up and down the beach at night. Since the wind was more or less from right to left down the beach, I was out on the second or third bar depending on the water depth, and slinging glow 51 MR'S, glow top waters , and glow plastics in their field of view right to left. They enjoyed it as the lighted green plugs arced through the night like little meteors. The last picture is of a guy recently moved here from Arizona with his 2 boys...mom was intelligently at home asleep. If I was ever in a doomsday situation and had to live off the land, I would want to be with them. They were a hardy individual type family. The boy on the left with the cap couldn't have been more than 12, but at dark thirty in the morning out on the second bar alone , I heard a cheery voice exclaim " what are you catching ? " I turn around and there he is alone slinging his dead bait out. He then procedes to swim back to shore holding his rod high, head sticking out of the water , spitting saltwater out of his mouth as he goes. I found the water over my head when I went in. My wade-aide belt keep this old boy afloat or I would have been a gonner. No fish, but what a trip, LOL
      Attached Files
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
      X