Triple Jack City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triple Jack City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Ok, so I had a charter cancel on me today, so we arranged for our buddy Mike to go fishing with us ( troutmanmike on 2cool). We left the house at 515am headed for the secret redfish hole. We got to the hole and for the first 2 hours of daylight we did all we could to corral the redfish. We ended up with 5 on the boat. We should have had our limit early, but damned if they werent spooky this morning.

We headed out from there to catch a nice wade in some Beautiful water. Got in the water and Kaylin Immediately headed for the shoreline to cast at tailing reds. You guys can surely imagine where we were lol. Mike and I stayed out deeper and it was slick calm and every once in a while you could see schools of reds hump up in about 3 ft of water. So we know there feeding and we know they want NOTHING to do with our topwater.

As we were wading we got about 500 yards from the boat and a monster school of shad comes swimming up to me and right in the middle of that school was about 5 reds chasing them around... Can you say LIGHTBULB lol... My brain quickly thought that I needed to change to a silver spoon and IT WAS ON lol.. First cast landed another red, second cast another and then mike finally switched to something flashy as well.

We ended up catching 5 more reds in the next 100 yards or so, and lost a few that came unbottoned close to us. We were ear to ear grinding and grinnin...

Kaylin came and picked us up and told us that she couldnt get on them up shallow because they were too spooky. So we power poled down and decided to go at them again. We jumped out and wading a few hundred yards and Kaylin picked up 2 more, Mike picked up 1 and lost another and I caught 4 while heading back to get the boat... AFter that, we decided we needed to find some trout. It was 1130am by this point, so we knew we wouldnt find alot in the trout department.

We hit VP/Campbells and tried to cach a few fish.. I caught one nice trout on a Big nasty voodoo shad and that was it. We decided to make a run towards the channel to check and see what the jetties looked like since I have plans on playing there tomorrow.

As we were coming around the dike, I saw something out of place. It was a school of about 500 jacks lol. So like the little children we are, we decided to bang a few on some seriously light trout rods lol.. About 3 hours later and 8 jacks hooked up we were DONE lol.

All in all we had a limit of nice reds and one trout on ice.. We released about 7 more and had 3 big jacks landed.

It was a good day, Looking forward to tomorrow....

Tight Lines

Thomas
    Capt. Thomas Barlow
    281-827-6815
    www.notoriousguideservice.com

Pictures!

My jack

Double jack hookup! No pics of the triple hookup...we were a little busy

Mike's Jack, 3 topwaters later

Thomas's jack, a plastic, two spoons and a major tip wrap later
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice!!! Thanks for the report!
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Oops, forgot a picture. The three limits of red and the nice trout that Mike "volunteered" to clean have fun Mike!
        Attached Files

Comment

Great report Thomas......Y'all are going to be sore tomorrow after all those Jacks......I already caught my 1 for the year.
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

fun stuff. i got spooled by one in the surf saturday on a pink skitterwalk

Comment

Look at the size of Kaylin's Jack!
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

awsome fish.
                michelle

Comment

Very nice and detailed report. I have never caught a jack before, looks fun!
                  LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

That's just awesome!! I'm wanting to tear into one of those jacks!

Comment

Really nice catch, not many go after jacks with trout tackle, WAY TO WHACK EM ! No other fight like a jack, totally great catch, congrats.
                      A Living Legend

Comment

Probably don't get any better than that! Way to go!
                        Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

sounds like an awesome trip. Just give me the gps coordinates to your "secret spot" and i will be happy LOL
                          Capt Craig Lambert
                          832-338-4570

Comment

Great report!!!!

Comment

awesome trip!!

Comment

Working...
                              X