Flyfishing report 5/30-31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flyfishing report 5/30-31

Flyfishing turned hot on Sunday & Monday.Fish were tailing and podding both days with Monday being better than Sunday.Sunday was cloudy with high thin layer making for a lot of glare but the pods and tails were still visable.Wind got up latter on Sunday and that put them down,but before it did I managed to get one nice trout(23) and 8 reds(18-21).Monday was near perfect with clear sky,low wind and clear water.Tails were forming up every 50 to 60 yds. and that lasted all day.Two day total was 29 fish caught/released and around 205 to 300 sighted.It was almost too easy. The best it has been this year.

SKIFFSTIFF

Very nice-way to go Joe. I wannna go with ya in that skiff someday and see the reds/trout. I can't get back in those shallow spots like you and your rig!!!
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I don't know if that skiff will hold enough beer for ya.

Comment

We'll leave the Skeeter in deeper water with the cold beer ready like a temporary dock!!
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Good job on the catchin...
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice work! I was out Sunday and it was rough. What kind of skiff do you have?

Comment

Nice report, sounds like a fun day.
              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Thanks for the report , what a hoot !!
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Skiffstiff

Originally posted by tlrebel View Post
                    nice work! I was out sunday and it was rough. What kind of skiff do you have?
                    i have a beavertail ospry.

Comment

That he won't take his overweight neighbor on (may be my large cooler has to come with me and weighs another 100#s or so)!!! Plus Joe knows I'll sell his spots to you all.

J/K.

Comment

Working...
                      X