Beach Access 16 BTB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beach Access 16 BTB

I went to BA 16 before sun up to meet up with 3 other kayakers. I arrived first so I tried topwater for some trout. Nada.
    When it started to get light I netted some large mullet for cut bait. There was plenty of them in the first gut.
    The others arrived and we rigged up and headed out. Another guy and I anchored up about 1/4 mile out, and the other two went long.
    After catching nothing but pup sharks for an hour we headed back to the color change just past the third bar. We started to catch macs right off.
    I was using spoons and the other guy was using shrimp.
    We ended up catching 7 nice ones. I kept one for dinner tonight.
    The other two yakers got into some nice sharks in the 5ft range. I'm still waiting on the pics of them.
    When I was headed home, SLP looked awesome,......if I wasn't so wore out, I would have stopped and gave it a try.
    Attached Files

nice >>>one of those macks didnt have a gold spoon in his mouth did he???
    lost one on friday LOL
    Captain Glenn Stevens
    Coastal Guide Service
    www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Originally posted by txwhaler 22 View Post
      nice >>>one of those macks didnt have a gold spoon in his mouth did he???
      lost one on friday LOL
      Nope,.......but there's one out there sporting one of my homemade silver ones. I tried to horse him away from my anchor about the same time he decided to make a hard run. Line popped like a .22

Comment

Fun catching macs but I don't eat 'em it's catfood!
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Nice job.You were using the "czechspoon"
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
            Fun catching macs but I don't eat 'em it's catfood!
            but you forget who you're dealing with here kenny.

Comment

Nice going RC.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks for the report !! Spoons are the best for spaniards, and a steel leader. fun to catch, but on the strong , fishy side for me to eat.
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Mosquito island access

Anyone have tips on how/where to launch my kayak to fish Mosquito Island ? What with the fence and knarly rocks at the water's edge. I load my yak down with gear and getting across those barriers would be tough. I see yakers out there. You can't go down the road and launch at the old bait camp so say the signs. I do have a cart, so I'm not dragging it. thanks.
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                    Anyone have tips on how/where to launch my kayak to fish Mosquito Island ? What with the fence and knarly rocks at the water's edge. I load my yak down with gear and getting across those barriers would be tough. I see yakers out there. You can't go down the road and launch at the old bait camp so say the signs. I do have a cart, so I'm not dragging it. thanks.
                    I think I remember that they would launch at a park off of Skyline Dr., the one with a beach area.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Thanks for the report! Keep up the good work

Macs are a lot of fun

Comment

Originally posted by R C View Post
                          I think I remember that they would launch at a park off of Skyline Dr., the one with a beach area.
                          Yeah, the para glider launch beach. THANKS !!

Comment

Nice RC!! I'm glad you still getting out there. I thought maybe you and FNT were in the old folks home by now.

Comment

Working...
                            X