Bearing Buddies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearing Buddies

Does anyone's bearing buddies or rubber grease caps leak grease all over the rims. I just pi$$e$ me off. After I come back from a trip and one of my rims is covered in grease.

You probably blew a bearing you need to pull the hub off and inspect the spindle...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

okay explanation on replacing etc.

During the recent flood in North Georgia / Metro Atlanta, My Dad's flatbed trailer was completely submerged under deep, muddy water for an extended time. T...

Comment

Put a floor jack under the frame and lift the wheel off the ground. If it spins freely and has no back and forth play it's probably fine, just blowing grease. Is it on the outside or inside of the rim?
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

If the bearings are good, you may only have a bad seal. Overfilling the spring loaded hubs can cause the seals to blow out when they heat up on the road. I only fill mine about 2/3 full and check the rear seal for leakage when I'm done. There should be no grease escaping from the back of the hub. If there is, that seal needs to be replaced.

Comment

Mine do the same thing. Bearings and seals are fine, it just likes to sling grease on the outside of the wheel. I finally said screw it and my wheels just always have grease on them.

Comment

Mine do the same thing. Bearings and seals are fine, it just likes to sling grease on the outside of the wheel. I finally said screw it and my wheels just always have grease on them.

Yeah, what he said.

Comment

Originally posted by 45 ACP View Post
                Who cares? It's a boat trailer!
                "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

it's just on the outside of the tire. It has done it since I have had it. I believe that it just likes to sling grease. It wouldn't bother me so much if it was on one of my 16' low boy's but I like my boat to be clean and look nice. The same for the trailer. It just makes me sick.

Comment

Originally posted by ardilla View Post
                    it's just on the outside of the tire. It has done it since I have had it. I believe that it just likes to sling grease. It wouldn't bother me so much if it was on one of my 16' low boy's but I like my boat to be clean and look nice. The same for the trailer. It just makes me sick.
                    Try purchasing a new dust cap... Inspect the edges of the hub perhaps there's a "ding" where the dust cap is supposed to seal and its not seating properly??

Comment

BTW - I did a wheel bearing last weekend on my dad's trailer they bent him over at the trailer place not even going to mention names but they put Bearing Buddies on a greasable spindle axle and I sat there going WTF? There's ~ $30 / BB down the drain... have that on and the spindle with grease fitting in an overkill & waste of money.

Buddy Bearings should only be used if you have an axle that doesn't have a grease fitting at the end...

Comment

Originally posted by 45 ACP View Post
                        Same here on every boat trailer I've ever owned.
                        From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Working...
                        X