All over Galveston 6/3/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All over Galveston 6/3/10

With the storms last night and the 60% chance of rain for today, we decided to fore go the before sunup start and waited until we were sure there were no storms brewing before we headed out. Saw Capt. Steve at the ramp and fortunately for us he wasn't wading today because I forgot my extra pair of wading boots for my Neighbor Steve and he was nice enough to loan us his since Steve wore the same size.
    We were in search of trout for Steve's wife for dinner and headed to an area that has been producing very well lately and was protected from the 15mph NE winds. We jumped out at about 7:00am and found very little bait in the area and fished for about an hour with only 2 small blow ups. We headed back to the boat and I noticed some nervous bait along the shoreline on the other side of the boat, so I headed that way. I started getting half hearted blow ups but they wouldn't stick.
    The sun popped out about 30 min later and they fish decided to feed. We worked that shoreline for 2 hours and caught about 20 reds from 17" - 24" and lost or missed a bunch more. Steve had never fished with tops (only once with arties, but he is a convert now), so it was a blast to finally see his face when a good red hammmered his baby skitterwalk in less than a foot of water. He ended up catching 2 on top and 1 was 21", so he caught his first keeper red on top!
    We decided that we had enough fun with the reds and needed a couple of trout for his dinner, so we moved on. Spot 2 produced nada and so did spot 3. The wind changed to 20 SE, so I headed to a protected area that usually produces a few trout during the summer. We jumped out and decided to throw plastics since the pressure was on to catch trout. Over the next hour I caught 10 trout 15" - 19" and 1 flounder 16" that swallowed it deep and he caught 1 flounder @ 17". We worked the area hard trying to find him a trout so we would both have a slam but couldn't get him hooked up.
    All reds caught in 6" - 18" over shell and mud and the trout caught in 3' - 4' over shell and mud also. Kept 2 trout that we hooked deep for Steve and the 2 biggest reds at 23" & 24" for the grill tomorrow.
    It was a fun day and good to see Capt Steve out there! Thanks again for the loan of the boots!

sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

very nice hamma time!!!
    wtg on hookin up your neighbor!!
    Captain Glenn Stevens
    Coastal Guide Service
    www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Wow Chip that is a nice day! Good going out there, which I could have gone out. Hammy is still killing me!!!!
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

great catch
        Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Good going Chip!
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

WTG!! Very nice!!!
            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Sounds good

Any day on the water is better than doing anything else
              Capt. Thomas Barlow
              281-827-6815
              www.notoriousguideservice.com

Comment

Glad that someone got a chance to wadefish yesterday. We ran all over trying to find a decent trout bite and only caught a few. Had a tough day with an older gentleman who couldn't stand up without something to lean against, due to a bum knee. We did have some trout on tops and tails, but most were short biting all day.
                http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Nice catching job,congrats
                  Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Very nice indeed!! Thanks for the report.

Comment

Way to go Chipper!

Comment

Nice report Hammer.
                        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Very nice day on the water!!
                          Thanks for reporting in

Comment

WTG Chip!
                            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Chip, you really make me sick at times! LOL...Great job on the water and glad you had a great time.

Comment

Working...
                              X