Lower Galv Bay 6/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Galv Bay 6/6

Started out in my redfish spot from Friday and they just werent there. After 4 hardheads we left. I had Mr Javier and his 2 kids on the boat today and we tore em up pretty good. We got to spot #2 about 7:30 am throwing shrimp under a cork. And it was a weird bite. Their corks would go under and they would set the hook and nothing. I know these were trout because I have been on them for the past month or more in this spot. So on the next drift we decide to wait 2-3 seconds before setting the hook and that worked a little better. Our first 2 drfits were frustrating though because of all of the missed fish. But they finally started feeding better when the wind picked up and we started sticking them in the boat. We caught 5 or 6 ladyfish along with 15-20 undersize trout and 17 keeper trout. It was action all morning until a 3rd boat came in on us and that seemed to shut them down. We were fishing a small sand flat in 2-4 ft of water. No tide at all which is why I think that shrimp/cork combo was the ticket. It was a lot of fun today! WInd conditions were perfect. Sweet Southeast!!!
    Attached Files
    Capt Craig Lambert
    832-338-4570

Nice report Capt. thanks!
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Great report & trip

Comment

Good job capt.!
        Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

thanks 4 the report
          the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
          X