north sabine 6/4/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• north sabine 6/4/10

new to this forum . recommended by existing member and like what i see, very well done , thanks. noted no regular reports from sabine lake and am going to try to remedy that . do a lot more fishing than catching but try to learn something new when possible . i usually use bait that i am able to catch in cast net and feel lost without fresh dead shrimp but am trying to learn to catch fish with artifitial baits . all that said excuse me for rambling . fished north end of sabine lake friday . in the water at daylight , caught shad and mullet at du pont cooling water outfall . planned on fishing where east pass opens up into the lake but wasn't early enough as 3 boats already there. gave em plenty off room and set up on middle pass instead . freelined mullet and worked white paddle tail minnow tipped with shrimp.caught 23 inch spec , large gafftop and 3 1/2 foot gator gar on mullet . caught 19 inch spec, 1 flounder ,3 reds , several nice croaker and a couple of ever present hardheads on plastic tipped with shrimp . hung a chicken back off all four corners of boat and caught 2 1/2 dozen med. crabs . not great but not bad for a bait soaker . few fillets and a few crabs for the freeze.thanks for the invite and the warm welcome.

wtg !!!! good report
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

a good day fishing.congrats
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

nice report, Sabine is also my home waters. I guess I'm the exact opposite of you. LOL, I never use bait and do mean never, but maybe this summer when it gets real hot I'll give it a try!? (i might have to change my username though)

I'm not a regular on here, but can tell you these are some first rate fellas on here and world class fisherman!

Comment

Welcome aboard and great first report!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Great first report, weclome. If you are an expert in catching gar there are 3 monters in our canal right now and have been for over a week.
            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
            X