468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Galveston Bay Giggers ..... we need your HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galveston Bay Giggers ..... we need your HELP!

Hey guys, as some of you know I work with TPWD and the Lake Jackson Sea Center on gathering flounder that are used for broodstock for breeding.

This year Sea Center was able to aquire a special boat, via a nice donation from CCA, to collect flounder at night. It's basicly a gigging boat with live wells and instead of gigs they use special nets.

Shane Bonnot, biologist at SCT, has made a request, that if any of you don't mind, he would like some reports of where he can go out and collect some live flounder. General spots are fine, and he might have you tag along.

This year they have released nearly 10,000 baby flounder that were breed at SCT into Galveston and Sabine.

Your help would greatly help the resource, and keep more flat fish growing big for you to stick.

Thanks
    Bryan
    FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

I'm not a gigger but I can say there are flounder in Jumbile cove if you can get in there these days. There are also some in the shallows of GISP. Might be a couple places to start.

Comment

Bryan call me and I'll give you the honey holes that I know of. On a good night out there I've walked past 200 + small flounder 10-12" of course were after the big ones and we just pick them out...
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I have a couple to i can pm you my number?
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Thanks eveyone for the PM's and post ....

The Biologist at SCT (Shane) is a registard member here and should reach out to you directly .....
          FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

cool
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

I have a few spots as well Bryan.. However, I want to go lol
              Capt. Thomas Barlow
              281-827-6815
              www.notoriousguideservice.com

Comment

Everyone forward me your spots also just in case they get misplaced by the Biologist!!! lol

Comment

Go back to florida!:LOLhEHE
                  10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

You know where to take them come January and Febuary LOL. I already showed you remember

AQUA PIMP
                    AQUA PIMP......
                    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Working...
                    X