6/8/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/8/10

Ran out of dollar point with Alex today. Hit a shoreline early and found some fish willing to eat topwaters. There were giant shad balls everywhere. We ended up with 10 trout at the first spot. I had 21 blowups and thats no lie. Just ask ttuwader. It was absurd and extremely frustrating, but still fun all at the same time Biggest fish of the day was caught on a bone SSJR and was right at 4 lbs. After the early bite we hit some deep reefs. First couple spots didnt produce anything but we finally found some fish. In one drift, we picked up 2 keepers and I think Alex had 1-2 throwbacks and we missed several fish. We were about to loop around for another drift when I looked behind me. "Man, that's really starting to look bad." Alex checked his iPhone and said we better get the hell out of here. It was a pretty big storm. We hauled butt in and got our guts rattled in the 15+ winds. Got the boat on the trailer literally seconds before the wind started blowing 30 with sideways rain. God was watching out for us. On the water at 6 am and off about 10:30 am. Wind was SE about 10 when we launched and picked up to 15 by midmorning. Water was a gorgeous green. Awesome morning on the water, just wish that storm wouldn't have blown us off

XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

here's some storm pics Alex took coming in.....

XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

Comment

WTG Guys.....That storm came in QUICK!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

That one in the top pic looks like a porpoise got to him before you did!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

That is a wonderful catch and an excelent job!

Comment

these pics look much better than the one you sent to my phone, nice fish. be safe out on the rig during the next weeks

Comment

Very nice job guys!!
              Captain Glenn Stevens
              Coastal Guide Service
              www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Originally posted by fishcatchr View Post
                these pics look much better than the one you sent to my phone, nice fish. be safe out on the rig during the next weeks
                "those aren't your fish. that's not your stringer" - hahahaha

will do man I'll hit you up when I get back
                XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

Comment

Nice Job Guys. A big congrats to ya

Comment

WTG Guys!! I was on top of a smokestack when that stuff came in.. I was one fast moving fat man getting down that ladder!
                    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Very nice, thanks for the post.

Chip, I heard that storm was moving at 50MPH!!!
                      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

excellent trip. that wasn't a storm to mess with. i couldn't go over 35 crossing the causeway during the rain this am. it was really bad.
                        must have been a great pre front bite....
                        michelle

Comment

That was a really fun trip. We will be back at that spot when you get back. I wish that storm would have held off for 30 more minutes! I think we could have done a lot more damage .

Comment

Good job fellas...
                            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice catching yall,congrats
                              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Working...
                              X