East Bay 6/8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Bay 6/8

I hate fishing on Tuesdays, but someone has got to do it. I hit the water with a buddy and his pops at about 6:00. Headed to spot #1 and the fish were there but we couldn't seem to fool them and get them to hit. Made a few drifts and boxed two fish. Decided to head to spot #2. Same thing. Lots of bait and water looked great. Landed two more nice fish and had some throwbacks before we were run off by the oyster boats. I was amazed on how close they get to the fishermen. My buddies dad had to go so we dropped him off at the marina. We hung out for a minute before heading back.

We decided to run and see if we could find some birds. Good thing we did. Topwater action under birds is unbelievably fun. Landed 5 more nice trout and then the storm came. We hauled butt in and had a burger at the marina.

Once the storm cleared, we headed right back to where we left them biting. Not only were they still there but they had multiplied. We ended up with our limits and caught about ten more that were released. Decided to catch a fish on our last cast and call it a day. It only took one more cast to accomplish that. This will be my first time to try to load pics, so lets hope it works.
    Attached Files

Thanks for the report, that is a good day on the water. The trout in the second picture looks fat! Where you throwing top water off the boat? If so, good for you, because I have a really hard time doing that for some reason? I can only drift with tails.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Awesome report... Thanks for sharing it...
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Great report and pics.....Thanks!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Sweet! Thanks for sharing!
          Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

nice report
            Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Very Nice!!! Thanks for the great report and pics!!
              Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

persistence pays off!!
                Captain Glenn Stevens
                Coastal Guide Service
                www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Is it Oyster season. The TPW book says the season is closed?

Comment

They were out there and ran everyone off the reef. It didn't bother me that much but there were some guides who I could hear cussing the fishermen.

Comment

sweet way to get on them
                      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

great day on teh water!!! Oyster season is closed so they shouldnt be there. They ran everyboduy off of hannahs on memorial day weekend. unbelievable but I will have to dsay that they do make the reefs healthier and better for the fish so it is in reality a good thing.
                        Capt Craig Lambert
                        832-338-4570

Comment

great report & pictures

Comment

Thanks for the report !!
                            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                            X