Wade hell or high water on Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wade hell or high water on Saturday

Hitting the water on Saturday to try our luck. Looks like the surf is going to be nasty...any suggestions on where to get out of the wind? Don't want to know your secret spot but open to general suggestions. Saturday is my only day so I am going just don't know where. No boat, just feet.

Thanks
    It is better to beg forgivness than to ask permission.

sportsmans road or walk in christmas bay alot of good spots along blue water highway, or you can potlick the lites at the KOA from the beach side all somewhat protected from southerly winds too
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

The Boliver Pocket might offer some protection from the wind.

Comment

The schlitterbaun in galveston is a good place to pick up some schoolies...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sneekypete View Post
          The schlitterbaun in galveston is a good place to pick up some schoolies...lol

Yeah they tend to group together this time of year key is picking out the weak ones
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

That's funny I don't care who you are.

Comment

Looking back on my logs I've had my best luck with an 8" worm concentrating around the food court...

Comment

I have found that a 7" worm is adequate. I just can't fish it in the deeper water

Comment

You can fish the deeper water but You can't bump it on the bottom.
                  Beandaddy

Comment

we decided to hit Sportsman rd for no other reason than we have never been there before. Any ideas, warnings etc....

Comment

I never get to fish bottom BUT i tear up them sides!!!!!
                      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

That is some funny stuff there! Seriously, hard south wind, stick to any south shoreline coves. Lots of great walk in places by the pass, but be careful.
                        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                        X