TPW Penalty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPW Penalty

Does anyone know what the penalty is when you do not register your new boat with TPW within the 20 day grace period? I bought a boat from a guy but his bank took forever to get him the titles. I am going to meet him at the TPW office tomorrow and was just wondering if anyone has experienced this before. Thanks in advance for your help.

It's really not that much, and... if you have proof that the bank is the reason why it was taking so long, they may wave the penalty fee... unless there are no dates on the paperwork..

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
      It's really not that much, and... if you have proof that the bank is the reason why it was taking so long, they may wave the penalty fee... unless there are no dates on the paperwork..
      I registered mine 3 months after it was dated, due to the bank issue / Louisiana cajun hold up etc.

Naw really the credit union I used wanted everything perfect before they released the funds problem was all the documents were dated and signed before leaving Gator-Tail. 1 week it takes for certified mail to Houston from LA. then dealing with incompetent people @ credit union almost made me go insane. Finally Gator-Tail before they even had the check just told me to come get it.

Anyways I took all documents myself and explained to the lady my situation she said don't worry baby I'll take care of you...

She hooked me up with registration documents, the TX id number and my sticker and waived any charges. I asked for a free lifetime hunting & fishing license but she didn't go for that LOL
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks! I will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Comment

No penalty!! Thank goodness because the taxes were enought. Thanks again for the heads up and tight lines. -David

Comment

Hope all goes well.
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I think the penalty is 5% of the amount owed for the first 30 days and 10% after that.
              Honk if you love Jesus.
              Text while driving if you want to meet him.

Comment

The lady was Quite nice at the TP&W in LaMarque.I had no problems what so ever accept writing the check.
                I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
                  The lady was Quite nice at the TP&W in LaMarque.I had no problems what so ever accept writing the check.
                  They are nice, but I waited a year to register my last boat. (It just slipped my mind.) They didn't cut me any slack, but I didn't have much of an excuse.
                  Honk if you love Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by GGF View Post
                    They are nice, but I waited a year to register my last boat. (It just slipped my mind.) They didn't cut me any slack, but I didn't have much of an excuse.
                    Their is also a form you can fill out saying the date is incorrect and they will due it that way. I just did a truck title and the fine would have been 280 bucks. lady gave me the form and I turned it in and bam 280 buck stayed in my pocket!!
                    Last edited by corndog; July 20, 2010, 10:20 PM.
                    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post
                      Their is also a form you can fill out saying the date is incorrect and they will due it that way. I just did a truck title and the fine would have been 280 bucks. lady gave me the form and I turned it in and bam 280 buck stayed in my pocket!!
                      Ray what is the name of that form for cars and trucks?
                      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

As long as your Paper work is in order..no penalty.
                        They like shiny spoons...

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post
                          I know, but I'm a lousy liar. Besides, I was raised by a minister and qualify as a travel agent for guilt trips.
                          Honk if you love Jesus.

Comment

I paid a nice penalty-I believe it was about $100 or so-a percentage penalty I think-I was not happy and I went to the 290 location-no slack, just a lecture/explanation.
                            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

OUCH !!
                              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                              X