One Sweet Ride!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Sweet Ride!

Well, for the last 3 nights in a row (excluding last night) I've been out at Hugo Point Boat Ramp running the new rig. I picked her up Thursday from Loreauville, LA from Gator-Tail (www.gator-tail.com). One of the best built aluminum boats I have run. The rig is setup for duck hunting and flats fishing. Its a 18' x 60" boat with a rear hunt deck on it. Me & my buddy were out testing her, were both 200+ lbs each and when both of us moved to the stern she squatted maybe 2". With a dog, 2 guys, full of fuel (9GA) and in deep water she was running 25.8 MPH. Just me and 1/2 a tank she will make 28MPH. GPS Verified. Thursday & Friday nights were really nice Mosquitos came out Friday which wasn't fun but once we got moving again it wasn't all bad.

Saturday, the cold front blew some water out of the upper trinity which was fun to go play in on Saturday evening... I took Blackbeard out and we made a few runs just breaking in the engine. Some mud flats were visible near shorelines which I had to take her across of course . The boat tracks very well in the water and on plane, the smooth bottom makes all the difference in the world and the engine peforms flaulessly. I have the boat stored here in Houston near my house but plan on taking it out again tonight for a run. I have a spot or two open if someone wants to meet me up near Beltway and I-10 (East Side)was thinking about just making a little run just an hour or so cruising the area and back bayous. The beers are on me

PM if you wanna go... Was thinking of getting out there around 7-8 PM and just cruise for an hour or more than likely park it in a protected area and kick back and relax after a long day

Let me know
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Oh, yah... I've never run this rig during the day so I know my way around this area... don't worry...

Comment

Sounds great Coe. It's always fun having a new toy to play with. Have fun and watch out for the other guys.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I'll post up photos and videos once I get some shots of her during the day...

Comment

What the heck nobody wanna go? Sadie's getting ready to fill someone's spot!!

Comment

Can't - gotta get my duck stamp for a hunt Wednesday am. BTW, Galveston USPS and Academy (Galveston) do not have the federal stamp!! Means I gotta go tonite to another Academy and get one-dang USPS offices close too early. Cool ride there Coe-looking forward to seeing you around Pirates/Jam Beach real soon in it.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I'll be down there this weekend trying my luck at some ducks on the Northside and over near Titlum Tatlum if Sandy says its cool to shoot roped off on his dock

Comment

BTW- Bailey & I took her out yesterday and ran across Old Lost River Lake (I think that's the name) we ran into some shell / mud hard bottom and I took her off plane. Not knowing the area real well I said the hell with this and turned us around took me 2 min to figure out the capability of the motor and how to get it moving and created a nice hole for me to get out of it in... Once I got the hang of the motor we were back on plane headed back towards the deeper bayou... We took a shortcut and had my first uncontrollable slide at maybe 15MPH straight into a mud bank. Some tree slapped me in the face as if I had done something wrong... Bailey & I laughed and continued down the narrow inlet until we hit the main bayou. (I forget the name)... We took her to Trinity Bay and turned around when we noticed the mosquitos were vicious! We started back towards Hugo Point Boat Ramp and came across what looked to be a puddle duck. I pulled the boat up 100 yards down from the bird gave Sadie the command and she was out of the boat full speed ahead. She picked it up and brought it back to us by this point we had drifted off the bank and not knowing how to get back in yet she dropped the bird. Bailey grabbed it as I grabbed her and we both sat down and looked at it... It didn't seem wounded no broken wings but what we originally thought was a puddle duck quickly became a baby canadian goose. We motored over to the far shoreline and set the goose back on the shore. It was having trouble walking, was trying to swim and dive under the water to no avail. Perhaps we should have brought it back with us into Houston as I'm sure it was later eaten by some kind of preditor. We left the goose and returned to the boat ramp at dusk. It was good to put the motor through more abuse... I need some more stick time that's for sure!

Comment

Working...
                X