Sunday cold windy run to Burnet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday cold windy run to Burnet

We got to Sylvan Beach at about 10 got the boat loaded and we were off. Headed North thru the channel to Burnet Bay and went to the very North end just to thaw out. Fished a few set of pilings and nothing. Decided to start a drift thru the middle of the bay and 10 minutes into it Coach nailed a 23 1/2 red that he caught with a bait caster and an arti!! Made a few more drifts and he picks up a nice 19" speck and that would be it for the day. I had a good time on the water with Sandy and despite the blustery conditions we managed a few nice fish wit some good company. Sandy.......you need to post those pics!!
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Nice work Mike... I still have that fishing trip I need to get with you on... Might do a trip out with Bailey, You & Me... If we don't catch fish I'm not tipping

Sandy... hurry up and post some pics
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
      Nice work Mike... I still have that fishing trip I need to get with you on... Might do a trip out with Bailey, You & Me... If we don't catch fish I'm not tipping

Sandy... hurry up and post some pics
      If you want to bring 2 more buddies, Monte said that he would take his rig and buddy boat with us. He can put us on a few more fish than I could....so pick another 2 to go on our trip.

No tip necessary.......just putting you on some fish is tip enough for me.

Comment

Try drifting the other side of the power lines ,along the shore line.

Comment

Nice report. Geez, it was cold-you all had to be shivering some on that run, but a nice red (and cold beer) can warm you up!
          Good catching in nasty cold!
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice going Mike and Sandy...glad you were able to get out.
            We fished Saturday with limited success, but not to bad before the front hit. Blittle(off 2cool) had a couple nice 23" trout and one red, I had 3 trout to around 18".
            Surprise was at the boatramp....who said 6ft reptiles can't hang in Winter!
            I'll download my pics tomorrow morning, when I get to work.
            Don't be a Nancy!
            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
              Nice going Mike and Sandy...glad you were able to get out.
              We fished Saturday with limited success, but not to bad before the front hit. Blittle(off 2cool) had a couple nice 23" trout and one red, I had 3 trout to around 18".
              Surprise was at the boatramp....who said 6ft reptiles can't hang in Winter!
              I'll download my pics tomorrow morning, when I get to work.

Here they are...
              Attached Files
              Don't be a Nancy!
              If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Nice job,Congrats
                NK
                Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Sorry I didn't see this thread until now. I just never come down to East Bay on the reports. Here are the pics. Dad gum it was cold. I think you can tell in the first pic that Mike was not so happy with the cold. Next pic is my big self with the San Jac. Monument behind me. Thanks for the trip Mike. I'm sure glad I bundled up!
                    Attached Files
                    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

wow.... talk about dedication!

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
                        Sorry I didn't see this thread until now. I just never come down to East Bay on the reports. Here are the pics. Dad gum it was cold. I think you can tell in the first pic that Mike was not so happy with the cold. Next pic is my big self with the San Jac. Monument behind me. Thanks for the trip Mike. I'm sure glad I bundled up!
                        Oh my Gawd! His face looks like a glazed doughnut........
                        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                          Oh my Gawd! His face looks like a glazed doughnut........
                          Hey Kenny...don't forget that I've met you in person too. Hello pot!!!.....Kettle calling!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X