Took my neighbor out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took my neighbor out!

My corner neighbor Chris has not been out in a few years and seen me last weekend with a nice mess of fish and I told him lets hit it Saturday night for some reds. But we both decieded to hit it Sunday morning instead due to working all weekend.

So this morning around 8 am or so we headed out to Jones with some shrimps just so he could fill the freezer and get his game going on again.

I took him were I left off last weekend in hopes for the same results but after 3 go rounds on the drift and no results we moved to drifting the shore line. It took awhile to find some fish be we got into a few undersized reds and trout along the way when I spotted a few slicks at the mouth of the bayou.

Those slicks were not worth a crap! Noticed the wind layed a bit and the tide was still rising. Some cleaner water was pushing into the lake and decieded to head back towards the shallow reef that is now almost 2 ft above last weekend.

I pulled out a big hand sized shrimp out of the bucket and told Chris watch this when we get close to the reef in the shallow water. Last weekend they were like submarines taking the bait. Next thing you know my shrimp darts across the top of the water and one big explosion everything is gone! "HOLY SHIZ" did you see that out of Chris. I said get the net! LOL.

That one was 24" and my first throw after that was another at 23". Back to back reds and then Chris is on a nice trout. Time to circle back around again for another go at it. I topped off with a limit of reds from 21-24" and Chris got 3 trout from 16-18"!

Back to Louis to have a few cold beers then off to the house to do the dirty work. We had a great time. But like I said we were going to do the nigh red fish deal but we will try again next weekend. That heat is just too much and its only June!

Great report and pics!! Thanks.

Comment

Good job Kev!
      Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Nice report.
        Why put off doing something today, when you can do it again tomorrow. LIKE FISHING!!

Comment

Nice report! WTG!!
          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Nice job,congrats
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Working...
            X