Windy , North Sabine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windy , North Sabine

Been catching a few crabs on every fishing trip so decided to cook em up Thursday. about 5 dozen crabs , potatoes , corn and a few hot links thown in the pot . turned out very good . ends up being nice social gathering for family as much as cook out. everyone leaves at 9 pm or so .

i try to avoid fishing on weekend and as shift worker am able to most of the time . anyway , hook up boat at 10 pm or so to go fishing Friday morn . as luck would have it only left side trailer lights working . tried to fix and before i was through no lights at all . i'm going to bed . get up Friday , spend most of the day fixing trailer lights . i bite the bullet and go fishing Saturday morning .
    in the water at daylight , have a hard time catching live bait but manage a few mullet and shad . wind was blowing hard enough as to dictate where i could fish . ICW side of island at middle pass .catch a small red that takes off a third of the end of my finger . finally stop the bleeding and cath a few nice sized croakers , a flounder and a few crabs before the weekend party crowd decends on the island running me off in process . go to mouth of Blacks bayou . tide still coming in , has all day . catch 2 large gafftop , 2 small gator gar and large sheephead on live bait .catching crabs so fast i could only briefly fish . released all female and small crabs that weren't used for bait and ended up keeping 74 med to large crabs . Bloodied , chased off by partiers and almost blown away but somehow managed to have a great day . please to forgive length of post . could go on all night . thanks , never give up , blessed again.

need some pic's

were the pic's

Comment

keep them upper Texas coast reports coming......thanks
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

North Sabine Lake 06/13/10

Nice sunny day with some wind and white caps on the lake.
        The catch
        16 gafftop
        1 sheephead
        8 croakers
        Attached Files

Comment

That is a mess of fish....Thanks for sharing
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

How much did the biggest Gaftopsail catfish weigh? Are you registered for the STAR tournement?
            Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

Et now! Thats what i am talking bout, great mess of fish! Fry ,grill ,bake etc?
              A Living Legend

Comment

74 crabs wow good catch!!!!!
                10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

gafftop

the gafftops pics were not mine but a reply to my post by a friend and i asked the same question.not registered . ouch!

Comment

Working...
                  X