reefs 6/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reefs 6/14

I am booked all week and have been off for a few days so I decided to take my best buddy and go on a scouting mission this morning. Winds were about 16-18 mph and out of the S and SW most of the time. The fish werent very cooperative. We started out drifting reefs with fresh slicks on them and catching nothing. Just a typical SW wind bite. Water color was fair at best. After an hour or 2 of fishing slicks with only 1 flounder to show for it we decided to hit a shoreline that has always produced for us. There were definitely slicks coming off tight from the shoreline so we pull up and I let my buddy out and I realize my 1 wading tennis shoe must have flown out of the boat. That is amazing since I wear a size 16 shoe and they are like water skis. So I decided to stay in the boat and troll/drift around. We caught some really nice fish during the minor but it wasnt hot and heavy just a few here and there. We had two 4 pounders and one 5 pounder plus 4 or 5 other solid fish. About 10 ish we/he got back in the boat so I could try to look at some more areas for my trips. We found 1 small reef where we caught a few sandies and a few barely legal specks and we called it a day. Definitely a tough tough bite. Hopefully tomorow will be better and we get rid of this SW wind !! See you on the water
    Capt Craig Lambert
    832-338-4570

Thanks for the report. We had about the same luck on the reefs this morning. Fresh slicks but nothing would fool them.

Comment

Sweet report! Thanks and way to hang in there.

Comment

Thanks for the report.Congrats on the catch
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thanks for the report Capt!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Way to stay active ,good trip
            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Thanks for the report !!
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
              X