Lower Galveston Bay 6/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Galveston Bay 6/16

There is a rule in fishing that states"never leave fish to find fish" and I broke that rule today. But it was to go target reds since we were slaying trout all morning. A little better conditions today from yesterday but still a due south wind. It was only 13-17 today so that was down 5 mph from yesterday. Started out at daylight throwing plastics and shrimp and the first hour it was a chinese fire drill on the boat. I couldnt take their fish off and rebait them fast enough. You know it is going to be a good day when you make a cast out to show how your clients to work the lure and BAM fish on. So anyways we worked these fish over till about 10 ish and then we left em biting to go try and get some redfish. Unfortuneately my redfish spot only produced 1 rat red and we never could find them the rest of the day. I talked to Texxan1 out on the boat and he said the reds he was on had lockjaw so maybe none of the reds wanted to eat today. Great day with one of my good college buddies I hadnt seen in 20 years.
    Capt Craig Lambert
    832-338-4570

Good job on the trout! I fished for reds this a.m. and it seamed like a small window befor they really slowed down. I caught a couple tailing early then nothing until 8 when the activity picked up and caught 4 more until 10. I saw several more but couldn't get em to bight.

Comment

Originally posted by capt mullet View Post
      There is a rule in fishing that states"never leave fish to find fish" and I broke that rule today. But it was to go target reds since we were slaying trout all morning. A little better conditions today from yesterday but still a due south wind. It was only 13-17 today so that was down 5 mph from yesterday. Started out at daylight throwing plastics and shrimp and the first hour it was a chinese fire drill on the boat. I couldnt take their fish off and rebait them fast enough. You know it is going to be a good day when you make a cast out to show how your clients to work the lure and BAM fish on. So anyways we worked these fish over till about 10 ish and then we left em biting to go try and get some redfish. Unfortuneately my redfish spot only produced 1 rat red and we never could find them the rest of the day. I talked to Texxan1 out on the boat and he said the reds he was on had lockjaw so maybe none of the reds wanted to eat today. Great day with one of my good college buddies I hadnt seen in 20 years.
      Great report Captn.!! I'm sure your clients had a blast as we did.
      I'm gonna try to get back out this Friday.
      Troutfan

Comment

Nice trip,congrats
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Working...
        X