No announcement yet.

Sunday morning fishing with the wifey.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday morning fishing with the wifey.

Well i took my wife out fishing sunday morning for the first time in about 15 years. She did good casting a revo s chunking finger mullet, not one back lash to my suprise. She had been practicing in the front yard earlier in the week. We fished up in the marsh where we caught the mullet and she caught a huge ray. This has been pretty common in the marsh the past few weeks. We left there and went out into the bay fishing over shell. I gave her the biggest mullet in well and in less than 2 minutes she was bowed up. She lost the fish after a while and this happened again right after that. I casted out and caught a 14-7/8 inch trout and she was hooked deep. Tried to revive but no luck, she was floating. Remeasured just to make sure she was not a keeper but no luck. My wife commented about how it would be neat to see something eat it and about 5 minutes later something just enhailed it like a topwater. My feet were dangling off the boat in the water so i decided to not do that anymore. Dont know what it was but there were slicks popping up where the trout dissappeared. Could have been a shark but never saw it take the fish. I just saw a big splash and poof!! Looking forward to getting back out there and fish with mullet again. I had not done that in a while. Sorry no pics but you all know what a stingray looks like anyway.
    El Gallo

Way to get out there with the wife,better luck next time.
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Great report....Thanks!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice report,better catching next time
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

thanks for the report.
          fish caller

Comment

Great report and I bet your wife is hooked now. I can't keep my off the water!
            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Open water in Chocolate could be anything

Over the last few years there has been some bull sharks getting in there .... so I guess that could be it ..... on the other hand the Gafftop have been huge and have been eating my top waters, and i don't put it beyond them to eat a trout .... we weighed two just out of curiousity and the came in at 6 lbs, and had huge mouths ....

On the other hand the bigger fish will eat their own so you never know ....
              FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

You could be leading the STAR with that size slimer!

Originally posted by Muddskipper View Post
                Open water in Chocolate could be anything

Over the last few years there has been some bull sharks getting in there .... so I guess that could be it ..... on the other hand the Gafftop have been huge and have been eating my top waters, and i don't put it beyond them to eat a trout .... we weighed two just out of curiousity and the came in at 6 lbs, and had huge mouths ....

On the other hand the bigger fish will eat their own so you never know ....
                LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Thanks for the report. No telling what ate it-I'll guess ol' Mr. Greysuit!
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice trip!

Comment

Working...
                    X