Rubber mesh wade nets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubber mesh wade nets

Anyone have a favorite wade net? I have heard that the rubber ones don't turn into a backlash with treble hooks. Is that true? Is the 'Ego' brand worth the price and who sells them around Houston?

Thanks,
    Txrex

Egos are good. FTU carries them.

Comment

Thanks TTU! I called and they have one in stock with my name on it.

Comment

Ego is a good net
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I have a ego & a blue one from academy... I like the blue one from academy the best... I think everlast makes it... But none for less I think FTU sales them both...
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Hook Set Marine gear also offers Ego Wade nets they are a sponsor on here and you should check out what they have to offer. Chris is a good guy to deal with.

Hookset Marine Gear is committed to offering only the finest products that outfit the world’s most dedicated outdoorsmen. Relentless focus on the customer and an unwavering attention to quality is what establishes Hookset as the premier equipment and apparel provider to the Gulf Coast and beyond.
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
              Hook Set Marine gear also offers Ego Wade nets they are a sponsor on here and you should check out what they have to offer. Chris is a good guy to deal with.

www.hooksetgear.com
              Yep, great products and great service.....
              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

the best wade net I have used is the one with the green mesh black frame and cork handle, just plain and simple so I dont have al those frills other nets offer to worry about when I'm in the water. It floats and is nice and big.

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                  Yep, great products and great service.....
                  I will second that, but I have the blue one from Academy also and really like it.
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

i have a ego.. like it alot but dont use it often cuz it seems to get in the way.. nets in general

Comment

Originally posted by slyell View Post
                      i have a ego.. like it alot but dont use it often cuz it seems to get in the way.. nets in general
                      That's been my experience, I usually Boga 'em or just grab 'em. If you have little hands big fish can be a problem.
                      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

No Net here!
                        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

I've got the ego as well works good.The rubber piece on the end and the red cable on the end could be better.I've seen them break on wading with friends that have them.
                          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

I use my paws!
                            MANVEL MOB

Comment

Well I geuss i will go ahead and post up on this one. This is just my opinoin about "Begging loops" they are no part of my wading arsenal. I may soak a craoker or two every now and then but you will never see me wade fishing with a "begging loop. It is just something about grabbing the shoulders of that 5 plus pounder and have them splash you in the face and continue to battle until the 3-6th attempt you put your hands on em. On top of that back in the 80s I had one of the biggest trout ever on the hook spit the hook because of a net. If they get off at least I got to see em and if they are that big they probably need to go back anyway. Its the part where you see where they are hooked and you know if you really got em or is it just barely in the lip and your heart starts pumping knowing one wrong move and they are outta there. Heres an example of what I am talking about. My 12 YO nephew caught his first trout last year in the surf. He kept saying someone Come help me get this fish. I told him I loved him but it was between him and the fish. I think he drowned that trout with air but eventually he had it in his hand. He then asked me to string it for him. I handed him the stringer and he looked at me. I once again told him it was between him and the fish and I couldn't help him. I pointed and showed him where to put the stringer and he did eventually. I am telling you the smile on his face when he dragged that little trout to the beach was priceless. It was small but his smile was as big as texas. He knew that day that he had tken his first trout withe the most primitive means involving hook and line. I had several other friends wading with me that commented how patient i was with him and that they thought I taught him a life lesson. Thats just my two cent on Begging Loops.
                              Last edited by corndog; July 5, 2010, 11:57 PM.
                              Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X